Weight watchers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DVoit, Nov 7, 2005.

1. DVoit

DVoit New Member

Have any of you been to weigh watchers lately? I called but they want near $25.00. I can't afford that right now. If any of you have beeen, can you let me know how it has changed? Are they still doing the point symtem? I would love to know so I can do it myself without going to the meetings. I know this sounds cheap but right now I guess I am cheap.

Donna

Thanks for any info you can give me.
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

just letting you know someone is reading your post.

i have never done weight watchers never needed to until antidepressants...yuck!

but anyways i know one posted here in the last couple of weeks on how they have been losing weight on ww.

so i'm sure they will post and i think they have website.

i checked out awhile back and they were doing points and something else...

good luck

jodie
  3. halfpintwendy

halfpintwendy New Member

Hi Donna

Weight Watchers is still using the points system, but they also have a new system called the Core system. the core system lets you choose from a list of food that you can eat as much of as you want. you don't count points and they still give you the 35 point weekly spread to use if you eat food outside the core foods.

Do you have a pda? If you do there is a ww program to go on your pda where you can track your points, water, and weight.

If you have a pda and want those programs I can email them to you. Let me know.

Wendy
  4. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I do think it is one of the best programs out there. I have officially joined in the past..but right now I am doing it on my own. I have lost 10 pounds...it is slow going without much exercising anymore..but still..10 pounds! You can get a lot of the current books on ebay.
  5. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

I have always followed Weight Watchers and the points. I usually watch it faithfully from the New Year until summer to get in shape for summer but this year I had to start in September so I am down before I gain a few pounds for the holidays.

If you cannot afford the meetings right now you may go online and join, at least I think you still can. When I joined online it was like $12.00 a month or something like that. I think I stopped in a meeting place and picked up the point counter, etc. for like $10 or so also, although somehow you can probably get that online also if you don't have it.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/08/2005]
  6. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

i have the old books and stuff from about 10 yeard ago, and i used them 2 years ago to lose 20 pounds. i know some poeople that are new members and some things have chcanged, but if you have the old stuff, it workds just as well in my opinion.
  7. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I was doing WW, but then found that I wasn't able to attend meetings regularly. So, I found that WW Online is a better option for me and it is cheaper too.

You can track you food and exercise points online, use the points calculator, get tons of info, use the message boards, etc.

8. DVoit

DVoit New Member

I don't know what this is.
  9. DVoit

DVoit New Member

Good idea.
  10. mrafirst

mrafirst New Member

Hi,
    I've been an online member of WW for about 1.5 yrs. I haven't lost a whole lot of weight, but considering everything I've been through, I give WW credit for helping me not to gain more than a few lbs, and mostly just hold steady in spite of the meds, etc.

Someone asked what a PTA was...I believe what's meant is P*D*A===personal digital assistant. Personal organizer. Palm and Blackberry are examples. Putting WW programs on them sounds like a great idea for someone who is busy and yet still wants to track points through the day.

Just my .02!
    Mary Rose
  11. halfpintwendy

halfpintwendy New Member

Yes that's what I meant. I love having the WWCalc program on my palm pilot. This program even has a points calculator on it. So if I'm at the grocery store and want to know points on a certain food I can fiqure it out right there.

It also has a database for restaurants with point values, and a 2003 Food database with point values.

I'd be happy to email anyone with these programs if interested!!

Wendy
  12. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

Weight Watchers also has an At Home kit that can be purchased if you can't go to meetings and/or don't want to pay a weekly meeting fee or monthly online fee ad infinitum. It was $99.95 (basic) or $124.95 (deluxe) when I bought mine back in January from Weight Watchers, but I imagine you could find one for much less on Ebay.

The At Home kit includes the books of point values for common foods and restaurant foods, a guidebook for getting started, a points slide, a diary for tracking point consumption, and many other tools. Really, it has more than you need. If I were you, I'd cruise Ebay for the point books, Getting Started booklet, points slide and tracking diary...that's really all you need. And paying for it ONCE sure beats paying a weekly or monthly fee over and over! :-D

Best of luck in your weight-loss efforts. WW is awesome! I lost 30 lbs. in about 3 mos. last spring...and so far I've managed to keep it off. And I don't even have to count what I eat anymore. :)