Weight watchers

Discussion in 'Weight Management' started by greygodess, Oct 8, 2008.

1. greygodess

greygodess New Member

I am thinking about joining Weight Watcher's. I know several people who have tried it and it has worked for them. I don't like fish so I guess I'll eat a lot of chicken.

Anyway my weight has crept up further and I can't afford that. My knees now hurt when they never did before. I am starting to take my walks again and I rejoined the gym so I can go there on bad weather days. I have had a heck of a time losing weight and don't expect to get back to where I was years ago but hope to lose 50 lbs.

Maybe we can encourage each other. Godbless
  2. halfinhalfout

halfinhalfout New Member

I do not know if you have been to weight watchers lately but it is truly unbelievable. There is no restrictions on what to eat, just smart choices to make. Try it out. I know around here they are having a free 1st week. Also, you can do it on line if you are inclined to be good at monitoring yourself. Good luck! Let me know.
  3. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

I went to weight watchers and lost all my weight,40lbs, it was the easiest thing I ever did. I lost it by using the point system, it is basicly just portion control and better choices. It is cheap to join, and only 10 dollars a week. I only went to the meetings until I had the sysyem down and had lost my first 15 lbs, then I went it by alone,you eat normal foods. It was the best gift I ever gave my self. I cant say enough good about weight watchers. good luck, Sandie
  4. Elaine44

Elaine44 New Member

I'm thinking that I will also join, but I don't know if that willwork for me. I need to lose at least 40lbs. It is so hard. I had a gastric bypass in 1979 and lost 50 lbs. Then along came fibro and chronic Fatigue. They raised their ugly heads. Then I got a really ugly disease. Breast Cancer in 1992. Had mastectomy on left side. It had spread to 11 of 22 of my lymph nodes. I did not have clear margins in my surgery which meant I would have to have Chemo and radiation. my prognosis was poor. It almost killed me. I don't believe that what you survive does make you stronger. It just makes you more experienced and gives you perspective when your sister is diagnosed and your best friend is diagnosed. And then you begin to lose friends. You just hope and pray that you will see them again someday. You lose too many friends. But your sister survives. You praise God. You pray a lot but you still lose friends. I did not intend for this to be a tell all of my life. I just need help in losing at least 40lbs. Did Weight Watchers help? I went from 256 lbs. after by bypass to 139 lbs. I put about 10 lbs. back on and that was just right. Any suggestions from anyone. I really need help. Great Granny
  5. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Did you join Weight Watchers yet? I am thinking of doing it too. Maybe if I see in writing what I am eating and what I should be eating, it will help me lose the 25 lbs I've put back on and another 15 lbs to get to my goal weight.

Heck, we could do it together!

6. greygodess

greygodess New Member

I haven't joined but I am going to soon. There is free registration right now. So I have to get it together and just go. I know 4 people who have lost weight through this plan. Gotta get off my butt and get to it. Godbless
  7. millennia

millennia New Member

I just joined yesterday. It seems like whenever you hear about someone who lost the weight and kept it off, they either had surgery or did weight watchers. No meetings near me, so I'm doing it online. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
  8. Suekoo

Suekoo New Member

Hi - I joined last week. After the first week I have lost NOTHING. I stayed within my points, drank lots of water, journaled everything. What happened? I am discouraged.
  9. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I saw this old post and had to tell you..the new program is wonderful.. They finally caught up to the latest research about food. Most fruits and vegetables are 0 points, even bananas.

I am given 29 points for the week, plus everyone get 49 extra, use to be called flex points.

I make a game out of seeing what concoctions I can come up with and stay on-point.

You have to have a new calculator or do online and use that one.
  10. autumng1119

autumng1119 New Member

Hi i am autumn dont worry i dont like fish i am also trying to lose weight have you ever heard of wii fit i do it evey day it is a great way to have fun while losing weight i think if you put your mind to it you can lose that 50 lbs Nice meeting you bye Godbless

[ advertisement ]