Weird breathing problem

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lil_angel1198, Apr 26, 2006.

1. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

Does anyone else have this??

When I lay in bad, or anywhere, on my back, I get this feeling in my chest (mostly on the center/right side), that feels like a 'gurgle' type thing. It almost feels like a 'click' when I breathe.
    I told my doctor about it, and he couldn't find anything, but I was sitting up when he checked me. Does anyone else have anything like this???
  2. Callum

Callum New Member

I had it checked out with my doctor - nothing. But I think it's probably just air that gets trapped in the digestive track - laying down makes us more aware of it because it shifts.

Good luck!~
  3. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I have that problem too, but I sometimes forget to take my diuretic and it seems more noticable at that time. I take a diuretic because otherwise fluid builds up and have a hard time breathing. I probably have some congestive heart failure. Do you tend to retain fluid? How is your blood pressure. Something to look into anyway.

Take care, Sally
  4. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

retain fluids...I have a water pill to take on days when it's bad.... I take one probably every other day.
    Sometimes this breathing thing makes me cough too....
    I'm going to look up the symptoms of congestive heart failure and see if any of them apply...I was already conserned with that.
  5. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Makes me cough too! I just wanted you not to worry too much about the congestive heart failure thing. You probably just retain some fluid and that is what is causing it.

Anyway, congestive heart failure is very treatable, I have heard of people having it for years! Most likely that is not what you have, but either way, please don't worry about it! I hope that I didn't get you upset, it just came into my head that I have those same symptoms. PLEASE don't worry! I hate to get anyone worried about anything, because I know what that feels like!

Take care, and hope you feel better! Sally
  6. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

I'm not worried, as I said the doctor has listened to me and didn't find anything....I'll just have him listen again when I go back.

Actually,it's kind of a comfort that I'm not the only one who has this going on.