Weird ? but does a/o have fatigue in the face/ constant yawning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Oct 29, 2005.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

etc...I am sick of it!

I feel hot on my face, sleepy, constatnly yawning, not a snotty nose but 'fullness' in my face, an ache and heaviness in my throat.

The constant yawning and breathing thing hurts my chest after a while!

Any one else? Thanks, Shelbo
  2. shelbo

shelbo New Member

so it can't be that...

Thanks anyhow, Shelbo
  3. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

Not to be too simplistic but it sounds a lot like how my sinus infections start. I usually get upper sinus infections so the symptoms are different than regular sinus infections.

With upper sinus infections you'll get headaches, feverish, puffy face, sore throat, fatigue and if left too long it will get into your chest which will cause congestion.

You might not have the runny nose and discolored snot or sore teeth that most doctors look for.

Just an idea. Hard to tell what a lot of this stuff is. It could also be caused by an overgrowth of yeast...Candida. Some think sinus problems and Candida go hand in hand.

Hope it goes away soon and you don't have either of the above mentioned.:)

Samento really helps me whenever I feel this coming on. Also, Echinachea and Goldenseal are great! I buy them in as a combined herb and take 5 capsules 3x's a day. It goes away within a day or two.

Take care,
    Krista

[This Message was Edited on 10/29/2005]
  4. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I'm gonna try the Candida Diet, I think...

Thanks, Shelbo
  5. wickett

wickett New Member

I yawn from 2:30 - 3:00 until 6pm. My sister always yells at me....I feel like I want to go to bed...I fight it, sometimes I win, sometimes I don't. My face gets red & warm I went to a dermatologist, she thinks it may be another connective tissue disease as my elbows have a rash too.

Bless you !!!
  6. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

The only other thing on my mind when you mention those symptoms are Myasthenia Gravis (since you've had these symptoms for so long). It occurs in about 1/14,000 people. It often effects facial muscles and the lungs first, however it does effect the limbs also.

I started taking a med for FM that is used for Myasthenia Gravis so that's why it's on my mind. I've read that it is under diagnosed.

I think Myasthenia Gravis in the face is usually noticed by a droopy eye. The lungs tend to feel tight and congested. Aristotle Onasis had it.

Anyway, I have FM and the Oregon FM clinic prescribed Pyridostigmine for my muscle pain. I've only been on it a few days and my pain has decreased by about 90-95%. I had extreme leg pain along with other symptoms. The OHSU FM clinic is studying it for off-label use for FM to stimulate HGH and reduce pain. It is usually prescribed for Myasthenia Gravis.

I had to write this to you because it was so weird that you mentioned the symptoms that were also mentioned on a TV medical show describing that person's initial symptoms. I doubt you have it, but you never know what's going on because so many symptoms overlap with autoimmune diseases.

However, it can be treated with drugs and in some cases removal of the Thymus gland. Doctors can test for it but aren't necessarily looking for it because of the frequent change in symptoms.

Take care, hope the diet does the trick!
    Krista

[This Message was Edited on 10/29/2005]
  7. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Some info: re yawning:

I have started yawning a lot since I began acupuncture and my acupuncturist states that the yawning - mine at least - is linked to my body trying to clear toxins. It can be good or bad, she says. Either the body is clearing "stuff" and raising its activity level (good) - she refers to it as frequency level cf. quantum physics idea that all matter is energy - or the body is getting sicker and is yawning to try to clear stuff, and not succeeding (bad) and the frequency level is dropping. Make of it what you will!!!!!!
  8. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I'm just about sick of it...

Any one else? Thanks, Shelbo
  9. shaglady

shaglady New Member

yes, i yawn often even when i'm not sleepy. i thought it was because i go at anything like i'm fighting a fire anddo not breath correctly. my chest was so painful last dec that i went thru many expensive tests for my heart. they finally said it was like a charlie horse in my diapham. oxygen was not getting to that muscle like it should. new to this site,shaglady
  10. Mymolly

Mymolly New Member

I have had CFIDS off and on for the last 18 years and one of my symptoms has often been an ache in my cheeks and jaw-not TMJ-and a low throat ache. Always know when a relapse is coming as those symptoms are early ones for me.