weird dreams

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debra49659, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I haven't had any med changes but I had the weirdest dream that I was being chased by a murderer. I was running done a long hallway a found a door that was blocked from the outside. I was pushing, and pushing so hard.....I pushed myself out of the bed!! I hit the side of my face on the end table and I have bruising to show for it:)

At least I got the door open! Oh...I also kicked the piss out of my husband at some point during the same dream.....whoops!

Deb
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I'm surprised it wasn't from one of your meds.

Sorry to hear you and your hubby got hurt.

Take care
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

that's incredible! I had a dream just the other night where I had to push NeoNazis out of our house but luckily I didn't actually act it out. That's freaky that you did. I hope you're ok.
  4. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

my guess is the meds too....My strange dream the other morning was. I was in MIami on the docks and beach with
    sleds of reindeer and Santa Claus giving directions on how to fly the sleigh. I was in a boat taking pictures.

go figure.... When I woke up it was like......where in the world did I get that thought/!!!
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I've been having some really terrifying dreams lately. I am pretty sure they're from 2 new meds (flexaril and Percocet) that I've been taking since my shoulder surgery a week ago.

My dreams have included: trying to save my house from wildfires, being chased by a giant King Kong type of creature and adopting a baby that was only 4 inches long! Freaky!!!

Needless to say, I woke up feeling a bit psycho afterwards....It just amazes me how strangely your mind can work while you're sleeping.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2008]
  6. sscape

sscape New Member

Stuff like that is really disturbing

I think we are potentially being chased by a murderer- this DD! Often it has killed our dreams and our lives. Next time consider turning and fighting.

Good luck

SSCAPE
  7. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

Every Friday night I take methotrexate and that night and the following one, I have the weirdest dreams. Most of them aren't scary but just really weird. I just figured it was from the meds.

Stinker
  8. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

to mean that you're thinking about your disease in your sleep - the murderer is Fibro and CFS trying to steal away your life. Of course, they would have a much more eloquent way to say it.

I'd like to say that was out of the norm for me but I've had crazy vivid dreams all my life. Oh yes, and my meds have made them even worse. The good part is that they aren't all bad. I dream constantly where I am eating the foods that I shouldn't. They taste really good!
  9. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Sorry I haven't been on in a few days to send out my thanks for the replies...i never thought about the murderer being this DD. That makes a lot of sense....it has been kicking my butt lately:)

Thanks to all for the feedback...oh and yes both me and the hubby are fine:)

Hugs,
    Deb
  10. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

Every night I have anxiety dreams. They are very similar in nature... mostly occur in my parents house and I am not dressed appropriately for the occasion and then it moves to more drama and nightmarish type situations!

Last night I dreamed that the FBI infiltrated a room that I and many other people that I worked with were in and the race was on to get away from them to includes struggles, etc. My mattress was pushed away from the boxspring which happens many nights. Luckily, my husband sleeps in a different room.

I always seem to add into the dream the fact that I can't find my car or keys to get away or I am at school and can't find my classes or locker, etc.

Since I have been off work (since Dec 06) I constantly dream that I am going to work and then realize that I don't work there anymore and am trying to work anyway for free...etc..
  11. kmdl

kmdl New Member

I normally have very vivid active dreams, but two drugs that I have used make it worse. Singulair and Trazadone.

I was taking the Singulair for my asthma. That one gave me really disturbing dreams - so much so that we changed my medication.

With the Trazadone my dreams aren't really disturbing, just nutty. I started cutting my pills in half (from 50 mg to 25)and that seems to help keep the really wierd ones to a minimum.
  12. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Debra--when my rheumy performed the evaluation that led to my fibro diagnosis, the first question he asked me was, "Do you dream?" I just about fell off of my chair; no doctor had ever asked me that before. He claims that one of the primary causes of fibro in many people is disturbed sleep patterns. He claims you cannot dream in the deepest, most restful level of sleep. Since I dreamed vividly almost every night with lengthy, detailed dreams, he knew that my sleep patterns were greatly disturbed. Once my sleep pattern was corrected, the dreams stopped and I started to feel better.

Peace--Laura