weird episodes. sweating, anxious, nauseated, cold flashes?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dani78xo, Sep 21, 2006.

1. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

okay, so i've been wondering what's going on for a while now.

i don't know if this is regular with FM,
    but i have these weird episodes.
    i get really nauseated, i start sweating, and i get cold flashes even though i feel so hot. sometimes i start shaking, and i always get really nervous and twitchy. my headache is alot worse, and i sometimes feel like i'm going to pass out.

when it happened in school the other day, i excused myself to the nurse and was so dizzy. she gave me my nausea med, and we both found it weird that i hadn't had a headache before the symptoms started.

anyways, after i took it i went back to class, and then to second period. i didn't feel any better...until we cooked fries, and ate them. after that i didn't have any problems.

this has happened three times in the past two months...and i've noticed, all three of those times happened when i had a really sugary or sweet muffin for breakfast.

the first time it happened i went home and ate eggs. and then i felt alot better.

it always feels like a sudden virus, but it always goes away after a while, and i think everytime it's happened it's gone away after i ate.

and it seems like when i eat more of it, like more breakfast (usually really sweet muffins) i feel A LOT worse than when i only eat a little of it.

anybody had anything like this happen to them? it's starting to freak me out, but i'm hesitant to mention it to anyone 'cause they already think i'm a hypo-...

gosh, i can't remember the word. the thing where you think you're sick but you really aren't, and alot of people think everyone with FM and CFS has it?

anyways, if you actually took the time to read this, thank you =]

-danielle
  2. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Have you been checked for diabetes? Your symptoms sound like you are hypoglycemic. If you haven't been checked for this, you might want to get your blood sugar checked.

Hope this helps. Symptoms don't really seem to fit with FM.

Take care & Blessed Be,
    IowaMorningGlory
  3. eccentric-eric

eccentric-eric New Member

i have hypoglycemia and that exact thing happens to me if i eat sugary stuff on a dead empty stomach. i can in moderation get by with sugary stuff, depending on what it is, if i'm not on a empty stomach.
  4. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I get this a lot. I've never had an explanation from a dr., they just don't know what to make of it.

Get your blood sugar checked, and be sure to mention it to the dr. Keep track of when it happens (like a diary). Try to note what you ate, etc. I've had it happen after eating eggs too. It happens to me a lot after eating first thing in the morning.
    Best of luck,
    Mini
  5. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I have had all of those symptoms. The effexor has helped ease them a lot.

I think it is all part of the nervous system problems we have with fibro.

(it's hypochrondriac and I think we have all be given that label one time or another unfortunatelY)

Take Care and Good Luck.

Sue in Ontario
  6. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

it hypoglycemia. IT IS COMMON WITH FIBRO/CF AND CANDIDA SUFFERERS.
    start your day with a more solid food...like eggs...and stay high in proteins. minimize your sugar, especially when you havent eaten real food.
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

My ex-husband had something similar happen to him, always when he hadn't eaten breakfast and had gone for several hours without food. He would get shaky and weak and sweaty like you. Also, his vision would start to go.

The doctor said they were ocular migraines, triggered by his blood sugar being out of whack.

All you have to do is cut out the sugary breakfasts, - eat protein with each meal. It could be eggs, or peanut butter or yogurt, or sausage or nuts, but get some protein in you and cut way back on the sugar.

Mary
  8. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

no, i haven't been checked for diabetes, but though it runs in the family i really don't think i have it. i've never had problems, and i think if i did i'd be alot worse off than i am...but i don't really know all that much about it.

hmm...alot of you mentioned hypoglycemia. is it possible to just develop something like that within a period of a few months? and how do they know if you have it?

i might mention it to my doctor, but again i'm kindof hesitant because i don't want her to think i'm a hypochondriac (thank you Sue =]. i had a fibro fog moment there.)

in the meantime, though, i will incorporate more protein into my diet =].

thank you all for your advice,
    -danielle
  9. lease79

lease79 New Member

Another one here with exactly the same symptoms :(
    I get this alot, & it makes my anxiety 100 times worse :(