Weird eye and throat symptom

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by samjenkin, Jun 3, 2003.

1. samjenkin

samjenkin New Member

Hi everyone

Wonder if anyone can help or has experienced this. About four days ago I noticed I had a nastier than usual sore throat, on the left hand side, with more than usually enlarged lynmph glands on that side.

A day after that, my eye socket felt very tender and the second day after that, my eye looked like somebody had punched it (lightly bruised). This bruising disappeared yesterday but my eye remains sore, as does my throat. My throat is normally sore, but this feels like it is swollen inside. Whilst it may be that one of the cats or David has stuck a paw or finger in my eye whilst we were sleeping, it doesn't explain the sore throat on the same side or the enlarged glands.

Has anyone had something similar or does anyone know what this could be? Hope everyone is as well as they can be ...

Take care

Regards

Sam

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I would have the doc check this out just in case. Any new and strange symptoms should always be checked out by our docs and not assumed to be FMS/CFIDS.

Love, Mikie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You need to have that checked out. It could be a bad sinus infection that is causing all your problems.

I had an infected throat, then an irritated eye along with an infected ear with swollen lymph nodes.
    All on the same side of my face. It was all caused by the throat infection.

It turned out I had 20 something absesses in the throat (it did not feel that bad, just irritated).

Before it gets any worst, go have it checked.....

Shalom, Shirl
  4. samjenkin

samjenkin New Member

I'll make an appointment with the doctor tomorrow.

Regards

Sam