weird feeling in my head

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by cruizon, Dec 31, 2007.

1. cruizon

cruizon New Member

Last 2 weeks I have been getting odd feelings in my head. I can't even compare them to med. head feeling. It is really a scary feeling to me. Anyone ever had these problems?
  2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Let me ask you some questions.

Is it a physical feeling, by that I mean it isn't just fibrofog or memory?

Do you feel sort of buzzed?

Do you ever notice if it effects your vision some?

Do you think it feels sort of like being light headed but not exactly?

Does it sort of feel like an aura?

It isn't dizzy either, it is sort of like you're in another world.

I have had what I ask you about almost since I debeloped FM. I hate the feeling. I've been MRI'ed and CT'ed and nothing. I have never been told anything. I have had neck injuries in the past and I wonder if it is from nerve but then I am not sure. Or perhaps a muscle is tight around my head.
  3. cruizon

cruizon New Member

Is it a physical feeling, by that I mean it isn't just fibrofog or memory? I have had fibro fog I am pretty sure. It is more like a daze. So no I it is different.

Do you feel sort of buzzed? No buzzed feeling at all.

Do you ever notice if it effects your vision some? Doesn't affect my vision. Maybe you are thinking like vertigo, which I do suffer with and that makes me feel like the room is moving. Not that.

Do you think it feels sort of like being light headed but not exactly? Yes..maybe like my brain is on water or something and wabling. I can only feel the movement in my head and it doesn't affect me physically.

Does it sort of feel like an aura? hum..not sure I know that feeling.

It isn't dizzy either, it is sort of like you're in another world. nope, not dizzy just like there is motion inside my head as if you were on a boat physically and tilting only happening only in my head.

I have had what I ask you about almost since I debeloped FM. I hate the feeling. I've been MRI'ed and CT'ed and nothing. I have never been told anything. I have had neck injuries in the past and I wonder if it is from nerve but then I am not sure. Or perhaps a muscle is tight around my head.

Interesting because I have had back surgery and I am starting to feel more and more that everything I have (which is what Doctors call FM) is all nerve damage. I go for an MRI of my back on the 3rd as it is getting worse by the week. It started its next phase of increased pain right after this feeling in my head started.
  4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Of what you say is similar, I think I may just describe it differently then you do.

The aura is sort of like being dazed, yes.

I have not only felt that wobbly feeling but also sometimes feel my scalp is too small for my brain.

I think mine is nerve damage, my doctor here in WA now sort of thinks it is too.

Let me know if you find out anything. I am sorry that you are feeling this way.

Have you had your ears checked to see if you have fluid behind your eardrums?
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 12/31/2007</i>]
  5. cruizon

cruizon New Member

I just can't describe it!
  6. cruizon

cruizon New Member

just to hard to describe. I haven't had my ears checked in a while. Just sooo weird that feeling that overcomes us.

Will let you know.

Thanks for chatting about it
  7. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I think I know what you are going through.For me it's part of fibro fog. It is a swimming feeling in the head. I get dizzy,dont understand anything,anxious off balanced. I don't have this all the time and it usally happens before I got physically ill and in paifull flare.Does this sound like what you are going through? Ruthie
  8. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

msbsgblue, my head sensations are very similar to what you described. I feel like I have post head trauma and this is the aftermath.

M
  9. DizzyS

DizzyS New Member

This is how my FM began. I felt strange in my head..dazed, feeling of unreality, cloudy headed. It still happens occasionally. It can have nausea associated with it to. I sometimes get lightheaded as well.

I can relate to the aura feeling as well. I could feel it coming on.

i have never had back surgery or nerve damage that I know of. I did have a anesthesiologist miss the spot when he was giving me a "spinal". Fire shot down my leg. He assured no damage was done...but somethimes I wander.

This is my most disturbing symptom of FM. The pain I have is bad but the weird head stuff is scary! I also have had MRI's(14 actually) and CT's ...always normal.

I hope this helps, even if its knowing you're not alone.
  10. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

and i have described them to 2 of my docs and they don't have a clue what i am speaking of.
    Mine are very short or shall i describe a very quick buzz and spin. I know this sounds so strange and it is not easy describibg. I have them numerous times throughout a day.

Butterflydream
  11. greatgran

greatgran Member

This was one of my worst feelings. In fact I have posted on the same thing . Not sure if I posted as "strange feelings" or "weird head feelings" please view my post.

Yes, it is scary and hard to describe. My doctors never had an answer. I was told everything from sinus to anxiety.

I have had them for 7 years . I just try to accept it but at times its so bad I am homebound. I did find that xanax helped somewhat, maybe it helped me just tolerate the crazy feeling.

If the doctors have ruled out everything, I would say its just apart of fibro and it is so different that fibro fog.

God Bless,
    greatgran
  12. cruizon

cruizon New Member

I have suffered with vertigo since 2006. The dizzy feeling and often with an upset tummy. Fibro fog and vertigo last much longer. This is at the most a minute. What scares me is I have been told Neurontin is used for seizures. Being on this I hope wont cause someone to have them that never has. I am afraid I am going to fall over and pass out or something. Just darn weird.
    I haven't spoken to my dr about it. Haven't been back since it started. I am sure most all think I am crazy anyway. Just one more thing to add to this list.
  13. sadie101

sadie101 New Member

have you started any new meds? what happens to me is when I turn my neck a way or get up to get something I get this high pitch in my head with like electric feeling and dizzy and it last for maybe two seconds,until it happens again at any time, I get it a lot more during the day when I am doing a lot of stuff. it is so weird.
  14. James1988

James1988 New Member

Hi, I have these weird feelings all the time and ive never been able to describe any of it!!!&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I have come across different readings and experiences from other people, i guess its kinda like time stops and im in another world. Thats the nearest i can describe it although i feel theres more i need to describe to my doctor.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I had all scans too and everything came back normal although i have been diagnosed with epilepsy.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Ive been in denial about having this although its not as bad as it sounds, its controlled under medication. NOTE* this is a possibility of course im not a doctor to make assumptions that you feelings are similar to mine but for me the worst thing is not being able to describe what i feel.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    How do you manage when you get these feelings, where do you get them, do you notice any pattern? &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I described to my doctor that i get dizzy but really i dont but thats the nearest i can put it into words as again its so difficult to describe.
  15. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

When the anxiety has ratcheted up for me, that's basically the way I feel.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    And at times it feels like my head is buzzing. Next time it happens try taking a stiff hair brush to your head. I found it helps open up the blood vessels and it's also really good for headaches.