Weird Feeling, Not Sure if it was Dizziness, Vertigo or ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Apr 2, 2006.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I had a werid spell last night not sure exactly what happened..I was in the kitchen and all of a sudden it felt like a vertigo attack was coming or I was passing out. I grabbed the counter to keep from falling a called for my husband..He helped me to bed and by this time it was gone except for the anxiety that followed from the scare of the unknown what had happened.

Just can't describe exactly what happened it was like a dizzy, vertigo almost passing out rolled into one..
    Then later anxiety because I am not sure what it was and the fear of it happening again..

I had actually done well all weekend and had, had a very busy one..It was a nice day and I was out side a lot so wondering if this could have been an allergy attack of some sort..

I took a xanax and went to bed and feel ok for now except for the fear and a sinus type headache.

Has this ever happened to anyone?
    My first start of cfs was a bad vertigo attack but this was something different and it didn't last but a few seconds even though it seemed longer..

I did ck my blood pressure and blood sugar and they were ok. and it wasn't that type of feeling so not sure what it was..Maybe allergies or over doing..
    or at least that is what I am trying to convience myself it is something simple.

Thanks for letting me complain,
    greatgran
  2. mamaeagle0103

mamaeagle0103 New Member

I am feeling that way right now. I want to call my husband at work soooo bad. The anxiety is horrible. I have my 3 yr old daughter here and have to drive to get my son at 11:00 am central and driving is down right scary!!! I have to put so much effort and focus into it because I feel like I will pass out behind the wheel. I do not like this feeling and I am scared also. I am sure the fear is making it worse.
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

I am so sorry you are having this feeling..Could it just be the anxiety or is the feeling causing the anxiety. Its so scaring not knowing what is going on..

My granddaughter just called me for a ride to school and I had to call my husband I was afraid to drive..

I do have an apt. with my doc tomorrow and it is out of town, well only about 20 min. but I am anxious about driving. This apt. was schelduled a week ago to go over my labs but I will bring this up and see what he says, if anything and get back to you..That is if I make it...

My heart goes out to you,
    greatgran
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

if you have sinus pain, maybe there is a pressure in the sinus by your ear that cause vertigo? It is possible. No nausea?

Those kind of things are horrible, akes you all worried it will happen again. I hope this was VERY temporary. Maybe some decongestants will help til your sinuses feel less "plugged".
  5. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

I have been going on for days about this thing called pots, its to do with heart rate and blood pressure. Basically what is happening is when you are sat down your heart rate should ok, you may feel that you can hear your heart beat and it may beat faster than usual.

So anyway what happens is when you stand it the blood drops with gravity into your legs and the longer you stannd the more pressure there is on your heart because it has to pump the blood from your legs to brain etc..also your blood pressure will change in that the top part should increase by at least 30 beats per minute when you have been standing max 10 mins...the lower part of your blood presure I am not so sure about I think it goes lower.

There has been quite a bit of info out there on this and it is more common for patients wit cfs, it is also hereditary, usually mother to daughter.

Obviously not saying this is what it is but its worth checking...remember tho there has to be a period of 10 mins standing to get an accurate bp and confirm heart rate.

Hope this helps
    Chloe
  6. mamaeagle0103

mamaeagle0103 New Member

I hope you are doing better, gran. I do know that the anxiety and fear WILL make it worse. I sit here saying the Serinity Prayer, etc. just trying to let it pass. The more fearful the worse. Just feels like the whole world is spinning around me. I hate this damn FM sometimes. I am too young to be feeling like this. I feel like a real nutcase and a burdon. I will feel better, I know, I just hate the "riding it out" times. Well, got to go get my son at school. Be back soon
  7. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

i am not shure if it is the same, but i had this first episode when i drove over a pump with the bike. It felt like a zapp through the brain and than feeling of loosing everything, but did not. it got worse over time and happend anywhere. for some time it was better and the last two weeks it was all the time with combination of migraine and pressure in the scull. this is not fainting, it is very difficult to describe. It is actually also not diziness, its more like if you fly into one air whole with the Aeroplane.
    it is scary, got used to it, but it is very anoying and now i cant drive the bike anymore, since i feel it gets out of control and feeling afterwords etreemly fogged and woozy. some other people here described similar feelings.
    karina
  8. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

I did this several times in the past. I found it to be when my fibro symptoms and my anxiety was at its worst. Glad you have an appt. Then you will know for sure. My X would not let me seek medical attention when I was scared and had to rely on my faith to survive, now when I feel something isn't right, I try and get in right away, because you never know. Sometimes we pass everything off as a fibro-symptom and that could be dangerous. I haven't been around for quite awhile, and missed you! Please let us know what happens!
  9. greatgran

greatgran Member

My thanks to each of you..So far no more attacks but feel so depressed and anxious today..

Over the weekend I know I did to much well, to much for me..which isn't that much..But I was feeling so proud of myself and then bingo, a weird spell..Of course I think of MS or a brain tumor etc..

My appt. with my doc tomorrow has nothing to do with this 'spell" but thought I would bring it up..He is the new homeopath that I have started with..This will be my second visit to discuss labs..

I am really tired and achy today which I expected. I am just resting today as that is all I know to do and of course taking xanax to help with the anxiety..

It is so depressing as to how our lives have changed with this disease and so few understand..

God Bless each of you and thanks again, greatgran