Weird feelings...like water being poured on me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cuteteeone, Sep 5, 2002.

1. cuteteeone

cuteteeone New Member

Hi,
    I am new to this board. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia for about 2 years. I have been getting a new sensation though just recently. It first occured Monday after I was out at a wildlife park. I live in Texas and it was warm that day. I drank water but when we got back to the area where the tour begins I had this weird feeling going up and down my skin like someone pouring cold/lukewarm water over my arms and legs. It did not last but about 3 minutes or so. It has happened again yesterday and today. This is a new sensation to me. I normally get the jittery feelings and itching sensation and the burning sensation but not this one. Has anyone else experienced this one? I looked at all my Fibro websites and do not see it mentioned. Please help explain. I am confused.

Thank you.
  2. cuteteeone

cuteteeone New Member

Hi,
    I am new to this board. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia for about 2 years. I have been getting a new sensation though just recently. It first occured Monday after I was out at a wildlife park. I live in Texas and it was warm that day. I drank water but when we got back to the area where the tour begins I had this weird feeling going up and down my skin like someone pouring cold/lukewarm water over my arms and legs. It did not last but about 3 minutes or so. It has happened again yesterday and today. This is a new sensation to me. I normally get the jittery feelings and itching sensation and the burning sensation but not this one. Has anyone else experienced this one? I looked at all my Fibro websites and do not see it mentioned. Please help explain. I am confused.

Thank you.
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Cute name...sorry, I couldn't resist, lol.

There was a thread on here not that long ago, seems like quite a few experience that, one of the more bizarre symptoms...and they are bizarre, aren't they? That's one of the reasons I love coming here, it's nice to know you're not alone; and official sites don't always mention some of the weirder ones!

You can try typing in "water" in the search messages, but you may get quite a few hits on that. I'm not sure how to narrow it, but it was within the past several weeks.

I've learned so much here, both from the library, and from the informed and supportive members themselves.

Best wishes. Michele
  4. cuteteeone

cuteteeone New Member

Thank you for your response. I will try that search. It does feel weird. I hate getting new sensations. Have a great day.

Kelly
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, glad you found our board. I have not had that feeling, but I am sure many will be able to relate. This is such a strange illness, no telling what we will experience next.

Again, welcome to the board. We have many members from Texas here.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. mistyb

mistyb New Member

Whether that is good or bad I don't know, but that is what put me into this fibromyalgia world. I had these strange sensations in my arm and also my inner legs. It may have to do with muscles being tight on an artery, vein or nerve. They say my subclavian artery in my chest gets the best of me because of muscle tightness. You are definitely not alone.

Misty