Weird Head Sensations

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Luvstrwberry, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Luvstrwberry

Luvstrwberry New Member

I am starting to feel lately like I have more like MS instead of FMS, if it wasn't for my testing I would think so. It seems like I get new symptoms almost weekly and they are scaring me.

My newest is this weird thing with my head. If I'm standing still and turn my head, blink my eyes or look all the way to the right or left without turning my head, I hear this swooshing sound and the back of my head tingles. I feel real dizzy, like I'm going to faint and notice I have a headache. I've had migraines before, so I know I don't have one before the dizzy thing. What the heck could it be and should I demand an MRI?

2. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have posted on these weird head feelings in the past. So rather than me repeating myself, go to the search bar and type in strange head feelings.

God Bless,
  3. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

you didn't mention it...but are you taking any new meds that could be causing these types of side effects? There are so many strange things that occur with FM - you never know what's going to happen next.

If you are really worried - ask about an MRI. At least it will give you peace of mind and something less to worry about.

4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

For me those swooshing noises are my muscles when they are tighter. I finally figured that out on my own.
  5. jmq

jmq New Member

I get them them brain zaps....It is aweful!!! I think mine are from the antidepressant, Cymbalta. I am trying to get off it to see if it makes a difference.

6. woofmom

woofmom New Member

You may want to check with your doctor to make sure you're not having vaso spasms.

FOYBOYFOY New Member

go to vestibular disorders chow
  8. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I suggest starting with an ear, nose and throat doctor or a cardiologist to see if you have issues with your carotid artery.

The swooshing sound that you hear may be blood going through a smaller artery and the increase in pressure could be the source of the swooshing.

They can do other tests that may be more beneficial than an MRI like ultrasound on the arteries in neck, etc.

Migraines can also be vascular - there is not enough blood getting through so the constriction causes pain.

Perhaps a migraine doctor (don't know who that is).

Hope that was helpful, mostly hope you can get some answers. Not everything is just the illness - there could be some other issues and it should just be checked out.