Weird pain.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JJMMRJ, Jun 14, 2008.

JJMMRJ New Member

Hi everyone,

A few times every month I have this shooting pain down one or both of my legs. It goes from my hip, to my knees, to my ankles, and it feels like my muscles are being ripped apart. It is so bad I can barely walk, and I can't do anything when I have it. The ONLY thing that gets rid of it is taking tylenol with codeine and falling asleep. If I do this, it actually goes away rather quickly. The reason it is so weird, is because it is not like any of my normal joint or nerve pain. Also, it is weird b/c it is almost more like a weird sensation (my muscles being pulled apart) than actual pain. It is so unbearable.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, does anyone know what it is?
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

I would do two things;

See a physio-therapist.

Buy Devin Starylanyl's book(s) on FM and Myofacial Pain Syndrome.

Between the two, you might find the answer, cuz I sure don't know what it is....

Best to you,
  3. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Sorry you are in such pain.I am having the same pain,and have had it to many times to count.I've been told sciatic nerve and arthritis.I take codeine for relief also.I also sit on a heating pad as much as possible.Cold for me makes it worse.Make appt. with your doc,you have a right not to be in pain.Who knows it could be another symptom of this DD.I think alot of people here have experienced this. I usually get it when I've over done things.Lifting things I shouldn't,Pulling weeds from flower beds,also twisted both ankles and fell.I'm some what clutzy with this dd.Try a hot bath in epsom salts.Sometimes this helps.Take it easy.Hugs,Robin