Weird question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by imabeatlelover, Mar 5, 2007.

1. imabeatlelover

imabeatlelover New Member

Yesterday my daughter was visiting and I had an itch on my back that I just couldn't reach so it was driving me crazy and I asked her if she would scratch the spot on my back I couldn't reach. She did and of course it felt like she was scratching too hard because it hurts anywhere I'm touched but later last night my back started hurting really bad where I had asked her to scratch it. It felt like someone had hit me there and it was really sore to the touch. This morning I woke up and it was even more sore and kind of ached and I couldn't figure out why until I remembered that she had scratched my back in that same exact area. Does this sound like a symptom of my fibro? It kind of aches and is painful and throbbing and feels as if it should be bruised like someone punched me there. I feel stupid asking this question and although I'm achy and sore with my fibro I never really have had a sore spot where someone had touched me. When someone touches you rather hard (like scratching a spot on your back) can it feel so sore like this and ache a long time? Thanks!
  2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Since your a beatle lover I thought I would answer with a yeah; yeah; yeah....... People who don't know the beatles won't get it...

Everyone is different but sometimes I've had a similar problem like you were speaking of. But only in certain areas...
    [This Message was Edited on 03/05/2007]
  3. imabeatlelover

Thanks for all comments from you kind people. My goodness, sometimes the pain takes my breath away. This FM syndrome is so crazy. I never know when it's fibro or when it might be something else. This certainly keeps you on your toes. I'm so happy to see all of you "Beatlemaniacs!" Listening to The Beatles always makes me happy and I feel so much better. This crazy pain is a sharp throbbing pain and kind of burning too and it's traveling as time goes on and spreading, "Here, There and Everywhere". Thanks again for all your "HELP!" (Sorry about the Beatles puns, I just couldn't resist.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/06/2007]
  4. mrpain

mrpain New Member

The pain can be sharp, dull, achy, and can last for any period of time. The doctors think I'm crazy when I'm trying to be honest with them and try to explain it. But it definitely has to be part of the fibro..

The pain can be so devastating it makes you want to "Twist and Shout"... which can cause a "Hard Days Night"... For me it's been "The long and winding road"..
  5. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

all my troubles seemed so far away. Now it looks as though they're here to stay.
    So, today I sing:

When I was younger, so much younger than today
    I never needed anybody's help in any way.
    but now these days are gone I'm not so self assured,
    now I find I've changed my mind I've
    opened up the doors.
    Help me if you can I'm feeling down.
    And I do appreciate you bein' 'round
    Help me get my feet back on the ground.
    Won't you please, please, help me?
    And now my life has changed in oh so many ways.
    My independence seems to vanish in the haze,
    but ev'ry now and then I feel so insecure,
    I know that I just need you like I've never done before.
    Help me if you can I'm feeling down.
    And I do appreciate you bein' 'round.
    Help me get my feet back on the ground.
    Won't you please, please, Help ME??

(one of my theme songs)
    Bunny :)

child of the '60s
    Beatlemaniac
  6. Ginner

Ginner New Member

yellow submarine....luv it!
    Along time ago..we won't go there.
    well 8 yrs ago, I asked my family members when you push on this or that, do you hurt??....who knew!! Never paid any attention that they said NO.
  7. imabeatlelover

I'm amazed at all the happiness The Beatles still bring everyone from our generation just by remembering their songs. But my children and my grandchildren also love the Beatles which goes to prove that it's positivity and simplicity that lasts. Unfortunately two of them are gone now but certainly not forgotten. When people find out I'm a Beatlemaniac and have collected Beatles Memorabilia all my life (I have a room dedicated to displaying my Beatles items....we call it, of course, Nana's Beatles Room) they always ask me who my "favorite" Beatle is and what is your favorite Beatles song? I tell them I feel toward the Beatles like I do my 4 daughters, I love them all the same, but for different reasons. But if I REALLY had to choose, I'd say George Harrison. As for my favorite song, that's REALLY hard but I'd have to say Strawberry Fields. When I hear it I still get goosebumps. I'm curious....who is YOUR favorite Beatle, and what is your favorite Beatles song....and why? Play a Beatles song a day and you'll be happy and feel a whole lot better!
    Pat

And on the "8th" day....God created The Beatles
  8. 139864

139864 New Member

Hi Pat
    I live in L,pool ..as you know the Beatles hometown
    I thought you might like to hear this little story

About ten years ago my daughter lived in Menlove Ave.where Strawberry Fields are situated .
    The entrance to the fields was adorned with huge beautiful ornamental black and gold gates

One night somebody stole them ...this created such an outcry here in the city ..a few days later ,they were returned .. No one heard a thing !!...probably just a prank ..but whoever it was ,would have needed a large truck to transport them ,and then to be able to return them safely without being seen .
    It still amazes me !:) :)
    Best Wishes
    Brenda UK

9. janie056

janie056 New Member

I've experienced that same feeling! Yesterday my DH offered to rub my neck but I kept saying not so hard, and he said I'm hardly touching you!

Jane
  10. discoverygal

discoverygal New Member

the love you take
    Is equal to the love
    you make......
  11. Ginner

Ginner New Member

well, the whole Abbey Road album, my favorite Beatle songs.

Back to fms, I am so glad that they came up with the nolabel clothing. Labels hurt, who would think that a label would HURT. I was raised in a sports loving family and we were told and did, get up and keep going. I have had to learn to take it as it comes and do what you need for me this day, this hour. I do alot of napping. I am lucky I am home now and can do so. Home, poor, but I can take a nap.
    Gin

12. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

For me this has happened also. I know it seems weird, I guess it is just something we have to get used to. sorry I can't offer any good news. Crispangle66
  13. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Cymbalta raises both the serotonin (I feel good) and dopamine neurotransmitters.

Or it may be that the scratching started an infection. Does the area look red?

Thirdly, a lack of systemic enzymes would allow fibrin blockages to stay built up in the body but especially the muscles. Systemic enzymes like the ones "Forbearance" is using: Virastop or the ones that Dr. William Wong N.D. recommends: Vitalzym.

Enzymes:
    Reduce inflammation
    Cleanse the blood
    Modulate the immune system
    Dissolve scar tissue
    Help digestion
    Eat at the isoprin (protien) coating of certain viruses
    Dissolve Fibrin (blood clotting protien).

14. imabeatlelover

WOW! You live in Liverpool? I'M GREEN WITH ENVY!! I had hoped to make it there someday (I lived in Suffolk in a little village named Pettistree back in 1962 when my Dad was stationed at Bentwaters and I LOVED IT THERE!) but I also have degenerative Disc Disease so I don't think that will be happening for me. I know the black iron gates you're talking about, but I hadn't heard they had been taken and replaced. I am an amateur photographer and was hoping to actually be there one day to take all the photos in person. Oh well....they still have brought me so much joy! Thanks again to all of you who have posted here. My back is still aching, in fact this morning I put a Lidoderm patch on it to see if it would help because any pressure at all from just lying on my bed really hurt and it was hard to sleep. Of all things....it's itching again too, but now I'm afraid to touch it and make it any worse. Right in the exact spot where she scratched my back feels like someone hit me with a baseball bat or something. This disease is so strange...worst part is, people look at you like you've lost it when you tell them about the pain. Talk about living in the dark ages. Thanks Again everyone, I really appreciate your help.

Pat