Weird Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pepper, Aug 12, 2003.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

Several years ago shortly after I became ill, my GP told me to make sure that I was sleeping along the strongest magnetic lines of "Mother Earth", i.e. with my body aligned north-south. When he was designing his home, he ensured that all the bedrooms allowed the beds to be placed so that they were positioned this way for better health. My bedroom is not designed for that placement of the bed.

Because of the recent heat wave, I have been sleeping on the couch downstairs with my body aligned north-south. I have been sleeping better than I have in years! Could this possibly be one reason why???

This doctor has been right about so many things long before most people even have heard of them that I have begun to wonder if maybe I should move the bedroom furniture even though it would look funny. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks. Pepper
  2. MissRachel

MissRachel New Member

hi Pepper,

Sound like he is talking about Feng shuai (sp?) with involves the paclement of item through out your house that allow energy flow better, thus giving varies results.

I havn't done it myself but read a book aabout.

Maybe others will have some input,,
    Rachel

You can by "feng Shaui for dummies, It's a grawt read
  3. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

trouble sleeping if my bed wasn't facing the right direction. It seemed as if I was tilting or something long before I got insomnia or this DD. I have to have my bed in alignment to even lay in it more than half an hour.

Lisa
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

You could be right, Rachel, I don't know. He is not Asian but was practicing acupuncture many years before it was accepted around here. I never thought of that.

Thanks. Pepper
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

By the right direction to you mean you have to be north-south? That would be a very convincing argument in favour of this if some people like you are that sensitive to direction.

Thanks. Pepper
  6. clueless

clueless New Member

I myself have not done this but we have an Indian man in our area who treats people with light and says your bed should be placed in that position with no radio`s ,t.v`s or any electrical appliance near the head of your bed (electric alarm clocks also) He speaks in many places about this and when making arrangements in motels where he stays tells them that he wll need the bed moved to this positin or he will move it. I have thought a lot about seeing him after my son-in- law went to him.He had been in the hospital in horrific pain as he has a ruptured disc that is ruptured inward + surgery would be very iffy.I don`t know all of the things that he does only know that my son-in-law went to him and with lortabs when he needs them is MUCH better. He wanted to see him again but as to now he has`nt gone. He charges $85 a visit. I sleep in an antique iron bed which I am sure would not be acceptable.I really believe that some of these things are true,especially with my son-in-laws experience.
  7. clueless

clueless New Member

I just wanted to add that the Indian man I posted about is an American Indian.
  8. klutzo

klutzo New Member

We use two extra long twins hooked together so we don't wake each other up when we get up. We had our beds arranged east-west, which is the only way they fit if they are pushed together. We have the world's smallest bedroom.
    We tired separating our beds for awhile to make it easier to get around in the room, and this resulted in my bed being north-south. Almost immediately, I felt noticeably weaker. Of course, if you believe in Feng Shui, it could have been because the middle of my bed was facing a doorway, which would mean my energy was being sucked out the door.
    We missed having our beds together, so after a month we put them back east-west, and immediately the weakness went away.
    My question about this would be were you all using a compass? I know which general direction is north without one, but true north might be quite a bit off from that, and many of us may have rooms situated in such a way that it would be impossible to put a bed at true north-south without having it on a diagonal!
    Klutzo
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

I had forgotten that my dr. had told me to get rid of the water bed because of the heater and keep all electrical appliances far away from where I sleep. I thought it had something to do with cancer prevention since I had just had a malignant melanoma removed but it might have been for other reasons too. I traded in my electric clock for a battery clock and got rid of the water bed. But I'm still sleeping east-west in that bed. I am thinking of moving it around just as a trial.

Thanks. Pepper
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

Your experience is interesting. It shows that there might be something to this - but maybe we are all different - as usual with these DD's!

Thanks. Pepper
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

True North is not relavent. We have talked here many times about people with our illnesses often being more sensitive to electrical and magnetic influences. This would include any electrical appliance because they create an electro-magnetic field around them. They also put out a lot of pos. ions. This is why I use neg. ion generating air cleaners in each room. The air is fresher and cooler and I can run the A/C at a lower setting (or higher temp).

Many of us are affected by, or affect, computers, TV's, and battery-operated watches. I definitely believe aligning our beds can have an impact on how we sleep. Mine is aligned N/S with the head toward the South. It's a waterbed, but the kind with tubs which requires no heater because the tubes are covered by a foam mattress.

Of course, I sleep like a baby anyway with the Klonopin, so I'm not sure the direction is that big a deal. In any case, it's like chicken soup; it might help; it won't hoit.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]