Weird Reaction to Face Creams!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JeannieS, Oct 7, 2002.

1. JeannieS

JeannieS New Member

I did a quick search and didn't see anyone who had this exact same problem I have. I may well have overlooked the postings though. I have a problem with cosmetics and all kinds of skin creams. In some cases I know it's the fragrance, or even the Vitamin smell in some that are "fragrance free". Once I apply cream to my face I start to feel light-headed and hot and sick.I'm wondering if this is FMS or perhaps the TMJ I also have. My main symptom with TMJ is a sort of numbness and tingling on the left jaw area and extends onto my face.Maybe a reaction of the nerves to the cosmetics?? Any input is greatly appreciated. I'm 47 and think I'd benefit from SOME kind of cream.I have at least been able to find a couple of types of make-up that don't bother me, not so with the creams.
    Jeannie
  2. JeannieS

JeannieS New Member

I did a quick search and didn't see anyone who had this exact same problem I have. I may well have overlooked the postings though. I have a problem with cosmetics and all kinds of skin creams. In some cases I know it's the fragrance, or even the Vitamin smell in some that are "fragrance free". Once I apply cream to my face I start to feel light-headed and hot and sick.I'm wondering if this is FMS or perhaps the TMJ I also have. My main symptom with TMJ is a sort of numbness and tingling on the left jaw area and extends onto my face.Maybe a reaction of the nerves to the cosmetics?? Any input is greatly appreciated. I'm 47 and think I'd benefit from SOME kind of cream.I have at least been able to find a couple of types of make-up that don't bother me, not so with the creams.
    Jeannie
  3. jbg

jbg New Member

Hi Jeannie,
    I was wondering which brands of face cream you have tried? I do know somethings on face creams but as the rules state I cannot promote certain products. Feel free to email me at jbg1760@yahoo.com if you would like some ideas to try. Just make sure I know you are responding from this message board or I might delete it. I only open email from people I know.
    Julie