?????Weird Rheumy Visit?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CanBrit, Feb 15, 2006.

1. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I had been to my family Dr a few weeks ago to get some prescriptions and he said he was convinced what I had was RA. In the last six months I've had problems with my ankles & feet, then knees and more recently with my hands and wrists. The stiffness in the morning is getting worse. I fell out of bed one morning after I had slept in because I tried to get up too fast. (At least I didn't hurt myself)

I saw my Rheumatologist yesterday for my six month check up. He said that he was no longer going to be seeing FM patients as all that can be done for them is providing ensure that their meds are allowing them to function as normally as possible.

He did the usual point check again and I was 18/18. At least he decided to do a full work up, blood, urine, hand & wrist xrays as well as scheduling a bone scan. I'm hoping to God that he refers me to a pain clinic.

I know that FM is diagnosed of based on symptoms and the elimination of other possibilities.

You know, I don't even know what my point is in this message. I turned 50 two days ago and I'm not any more sure about what the heck I have than when they first suggested FM two years ago.

I wish they'd quit playing with me!

Sorry for the long-winded diatribe.

Eileen.

2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Eileen ... I'm turning 50 in October .. I guess we see it as a line in the sand to at least have solid idea of what the heck do we really have !

I want answers TOO ... I'm supposed to be tested for Lupus .. have to get in to get the blood drawn .. but with all the things they "think" I have, there is something still influencing the over all picture in the back ground .. no one seems to be able to committ ? to naming it ?

Fibro-Hashimoto's thyroid- MVP - tinnitus - possible Lupus - my periods have gone crazy, I get a few days in between them and actually have PMS while having a period .. I'm permanently STUCK IN PMS I'm beginning to think ! ... Sleep issues are monumental .. for the last year I have a sleep pattern of a hyperactive squirrel !
    2 hours at a time tops !! ..
    I think I'm going to lose what is left of my mind well before I get to turn 50.

All we want are some honest assessments and actually SAY they don't know what is wrong ?? .. BUT ... also to keep trying to find out .. now that would be a miracle !

I do everything I can from my side .. eating healthy .. supplements .. yoga, which is a life saver for me, to be able to get out of bed without being bent over in pain and limping ..
    I AM PROACTIVE !! I work desperately to feel better ... but I feel like I have been abandoned .. especially with the sleep issues ..
    When I tried a new medication and had a violent reaction to it ... vomiting that woke the whole neighborhood I'm SURE !) .. do you know what the advice was from my doctor ???? .. " don't take any more of that medication " and "see you in a couple of weeks" .... BIG DUH and thanks a BUNCH !
    Fudge in a flap
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

You made me smile. There is a bit of comfort knowing others know how you feel. I have hashimoto's too. Never had a problem with my weight till all this crap started. We hardly ever eat out, I grow many of our vegetables in the summer, I try to walk every day when my body allows it.

Well onwards and upwards. Thanks again.

4. achy

achy New Member

As you probably know, many of us have gone thru the same thing. When a "condition" does not have a test for it we have to be tested for ALL possible causes.

It's easy to get frustrated at all the time and money we spend on testing that comes back negative, yet we still feel so horrible.

I'm glad your Rhumy is doing the tests at least. If pain is an issue ASK to be reffered to pain mgt. Unless a Rhumy is also an internest the cannot prescribe pain meds.

I don't have any answers for ya, but I can offer support and two ears!! lol lol

I'm on the same merry go round....
    warm fuzzies
    achy
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Ha, I'm already there...turned 50 last March..that makes me (gasp) almost 51! Anyway, I just wanted to wish you a belated happy birthday (Valentine's Day, no less!) Terri
  6. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I'm practicing saying 50 and it's getting easier. Should be a breeze by 51!