Weird sensations

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

When my hubby touches my arm or leg to wake me I jerk or jump and it takes a little while to calm down what is this?

Has anyone else experienced this also when the alarm clock goes off this happens.

It's like I am super nervous or on edge.

Pamela
  2. krchamp

krchamp New Member

I am always jumpy. When my husband wakes me up, my heart races. Even when he comes into a room, it scares me to death and we are the only two in the house. Of course, he thinks it is funny. I don't know why it happens. I feel like I am hypersensitive. This that doesn't bother others really scares or startles me.

Kristi
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

GABA is a neurotransmitter for the brain that has a calming effect. For years, neurologists wouldn't recommend it due to varying results and that they didn't know what the "transport mechanism" was for the brain. We now know that its Theanine.

Theanine is naturally found in green tea. Theanine also has a calming effect with out drowsiness.

There are several products that combine GABA, Theanine and some 5-HTP too. 5-HTP increases the serotonin levels in the brain. Serotonin is the "I feel good" neurotransmitter and the goal of all the anti-depressants out there. Prohealth carries this product. I would recommend the 200mg dose, since your symptoms sound bad. I take one whenever I feel anxiety and it works.