Weird symptom of CFS??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cruiser, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Cruiser

Cruiser New Member

Hi to all,

I am new to the site, I have had Chronic Fatigue for about a year. I was wondering if any of you could tell me if you suffer from the following sypmtom, I'm just a little worried that it may be something other than CFS:

I don't know why or how it occurs, but it can happen up to 3 to 4 times a day or sometimes just once every 3 weeks, it really varies!!
    I get this awful feeling(not a pain but a tight squeezing feeling, perhaps), I describe from between the top of my ribs(under breasts) and it sort of spreads as a fever through the rest of my body, making me feel breathless, sick(almost to the point of vomiting), and very faint. This last for about 45 seconds, or maybe longer. My docs have done a lot of tests and they all come back clear, but it still really worries me when it happens. Does anyone have any similar experiences?
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

I have that. Panic Attack/Anxiety, basically scarry feeling thingy.

My DR has me on klonopin to help this,still happens,when it wants-pills/no pills.I have also taken BuSpar for this,I think that Paxil can help too. I take Prozac,which,IMO,make It worse,I'm Not the DR though.

What meds Do you take? Some do have the side effect of Anxiety.

Take Care.
    Peace,ez
  3. Cruiser

Cruiser New Member

I don't take any meds, and I think that is why I'm a bit worried that it might be somehting else. And the docs have done so many tests and they all come back neg. Very strange! I have metioned these 'hot flushes', that is what I call them anyway, to an older friend, and she said it sounds like menopause, but I am only 24!! I know it can happen it some rare cases, but I really don't think it is.
    I also noticed once, when I had 4 in one day, that I was a bit anxious, excited etc. as I was flying home to visit my family(they live in another state), and also to do some planning for my wedding. I was also panicing a bit, as I was at work that day, and had quite a few things to finish before I went away. Panic Attacks are common in CFS, is that right??

Cheers for the replys!
  4. MJJBunny

MJJBunny New Member

I'm sure if your doctor thought for a minute that your symptom was menopause, he would have done a blood test that could determine that.

When I'm really stressed, I end up with periods of shortness of breath. Sometimes it happens several times a day, sometimes just once. And eventually it leaves.

Don't know if I was any help, but I hope you get the answers you need quickly.
  5. lease79

lease79 New Member

something similar. I also like the others here have anxiety/panic attacks. My dr called the weird sensation squeezing, pressure unable to breathe etc.... an oesophegal spasm.
    He seemed to think that these 'spasms' were triggering off Panic Attacks ;)

Lease

6. Cruiser

Cruiser New Member

Thanx for that, it sort of makes me a lil' calmer to know that it is part of the parcel, phew!

P.S. How's the weather in Canberra??!!
  7. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Hi again!
    Just had thought,passing it on.

There was a post hear a bit back about *nutrasweet* causing *anxiety* symptoms and such.Do you use artificial sweetener?It is in many foods and drinks,it May be somthing else to consider,or not.....

Peace,eZ
  8. pixipip

pixipip New Member

I get that thing although rarely now. My worst time was when I was on a diet and ate pasta or rice every day, now I make sure I only have rice and paster once a week each and not on consecutive days, I still get it sometimes, but it's very rare now.
    Love & Light,
    Jacqui.
  9. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

I get this sometimes every day, and sometimes not for weeks.
    I feel very warm, short of breath, nauseous and feel like I am going to pass out.

It is NOT a panic attack (as I have had those b4 and this is different) and I DONT think that it is a HOT FLASH. I feel flu like (like I am coming down with something)

Sometimes it lasts for a minute, other times, several hours.
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Have your docs checked your thyroid thoroughly with the TSH test? Even if the test shows normal, your system may not be getting enough thyroid. It could also be symptoms of the onset of permenopause. I believe that when we get our thyroids under control, it helps with our other hormones as well.

My tests came out in the "normal" range, but my doc was willing to try the Synthroid. Not only did it help the fatigue, but my lab work improved. My doc did a stress test prior to prescribing the thyroid.

I have had the sensation you describe, but as long as I keep on the thyroid and estrogen, it doesn't happen.

Love, Mikie