Weird symptom?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ForeverFlaring, Jul 11, 2003.

1. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

The last few nights as I have been sleeping something wakes me up suddenly. Each time I wake up, it is with a jerk. I don't know what causes it but a few nights ago it happened and I got up around 3 am.

Now a few nights ago this happened and I immmediately felt skin irritation on my right foot. Its difficult to explain but I felt, my foot rubbing the mattress and obviously I had been doingit for awhile. I got up and the top of my foot was red and hurt as if someone had rubbed sandpaper on it. I chalked it up to a weird dream or something.

OK so last night...everytime I would start to drift off to sleep I would see lights behind my eyes and hear a humming noise that ended in a "zap". I woke up and looked outside but no lightning or anything. If it makes sense it felt like internal lightning.

This must have happened five or six times last night. Each time was like lightning was flashing behind my eyes and I would wake up with a hard jerk. I guess the only way to explain it is I felt a zap which woke me up.

I know this sounds weird, but it scared me. I have been looking on the web for symptoms of seizure but I havent found anything like what I have been having yet. I am talking Wellbutrin which has a side effect of seizures.

Any thoughts?
  2. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I am bumping this up while waiting for my doc to call back.
  3. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

the "zap" with the lights too and my husband said it was just "in my head." At least he said it in a nice way. I don't know what caused it. Maybe too much caffiene those days or something similar.

Lisa