weird symptoms - suddden pain

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Willowanne, May 2, 2003.

1. Willowanne

Willowanne New Member

HI
    I just ran into this forum but I am wondering if someone can give me any insight into somethign that just started out of the blue.
    A few days ago I developed these weird sores on my scalp. They are all located in the same place on the left side of my head and toward the bottom of the skull. I figured I was allergic to my shampoo or something. But then I started to get this really painful swelling at the base of my skull on the left side. It's a few inches away from these weird sores. And it is REALLY swollen and painful. Does this sound remotely familiar to anyone? I'm not sure if I should be worried. I can't go to the doctor until next Friday because I am on a business trip right now. But does it sound like I am dying or something?
  2. aapollo

aapollo New Member

hi, i just read your message. if your going to the doctors when u return on friday then u probally have ins right? try the local emergency room ins or not if it really worries u?
  3. Cam49

Cam49 New Member

Hi Willowanne,

Don't jump to conclusions..it could be reactionary to specific hygiene products you are using. Certainly any type of swelling about the head can cause a certain level of tenderness. Even though you are traveling and if your truly worried always call your personal physician. He/she can always speculate what it might be and could offer suggestions to help you not to worry so much. Sometimes worry is our greatest enemy...good luck!!

Cam49
    [This Message was Edited on 05/23/2003]