Weird symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dogwoods, Oct 14, 2002.

1. dogwoods

dogwoods New Member

Hi Everyone . . I haven't posted in a long time, but I've been reading!

I'm having some really weird symptoms and wonder if anyone else has experienced this. For about 2 weeks now I've felt as if I have water dripping down my breasts and now my back . . I touch the area, and all I notice is it's very cold, nothing else. I have restless leg syndrome . . getting it in my arms, hands, legs, feet and back, but this feels so much different.

Will be going to have it checked out if it's not gone by next week.

Any ideas?

Thanks! Judy
  2. dogwoods

dogwoods New Member

Hi Everyone . . I haven't posted in a long time, but I've been reading!

I'm having some really weird symptoms and wonder if anyone else has experienced this. For about 2 weeks now I've felt as if I have water dripping down my breasts and now my back . . I touch the area, and all I notice is it's very cold, nothing else. I have restless leg syndrome . . getting it in my arms, hands, legs, feet and back, but this feels so much different.

Will be going to have it checked out if it's not gone by next week.

Any ideas?

Thanks! Judy
  3. debrastets

debrastets New Member

Hope you find out what it is ! Wished i could help! I'll keep you in my prayers! DEB!
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I have not had this exact symptom, but I am getting used to very weird skin, & just under-the-skin, sensations. I get these weird feelings as though bugs are crawling on my legs, arms & trunk. I'm constantly scratching to make them go away (though it doesn't help, that's just my first impulse-- to scratch so they'll GO AWAY!!) Sometimes this lasts just a few hours, sometimes a couple of weeks on-and-off. It's really frustrating, and I don't know about you, but I have yet to convince any medical professional that these strange, uncomfortable sensations that we experience are EVERY BIT as debilitating & exhausting as pain is!! And they make us very anxious, too, because we can't predict how long they'll last, so we lose even more sleep, etc. I hope your water-feelings are just a passing thing that won't plague indefinitely. For me, most of these sensations tend to come & go, but they are maddening. Good luck & hope you feel better--

Pam
  5. Myth

Myth New Member

Hello,
    I get something simular. But for me the sensation is like a strange numbness that travels down certain areas and the skin in the area feels cold. It is an odd feeling, quite unlike normal numbness, I can still feel my skin. I guess it has something to do with the nerves in those areas, maybe they are constricted or pinched a litte. But how knows!
  6. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

Hi Julie

Mite it be menapouse? I was dx in 90 with Fibromyalgia. Had a complete hysterectomy in 94 and thrown right into full fledged menapouse.

Took Hormones (2 mg. of Estrace) until 7/16 when the 'scare' came out concerning hormones associated with breast & ovarian cancer & heart problems and quit 'cold turkey' as my birthmom & her sister had strokes at an early age. My birthmom had all of her breast tissue removed in the 70's & her sister had a mascetomy (sp?)

Last week had an ugly trip to ER and was admitted overnite because of an abnormal EKG and high blood pressure while visiting my PCP that afternoon and had a 'hot flash' in his office. Ole heart is still a 'ticking'

Needless to say, I'm back on Estrace, but only taking 1 mg.

Just a Thought and Hope I've not Upset You!

Gentleness
  7. dlizard

dlizard New Member

mroe like a hand on my back... but yeah I'm betting its the same type thing... wierd isn't it? Good luck....
  8. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I don't want to spook you or anybody else who is reading this, but what you describe sounds a lot like one of my early MS symptoms. I was looking at something in a library and suddenly felt as though the leg of my pants had gotten wet and was kind of sticking to my skin (not painfully). It was raining outside, so this was a possibility. But when I reached down to touch my pants, they were dry.

I didn't think much more of it for a while, but the feeling started spreading. The skin seemed almost hypersensitive in one way but numb or dead-feeling in another way. Eventually, this sensation affected my whole trunk area, from just under my
    breasts to my knees. My best description is that is felt the way Novocaine feels when it's wearing off. It's not complerely numb, but the sensation isn't numb. It's kind of tingly, like when your foot falls asleep. I used to call it my attack of weirdness.

This lasted two or three months, then went away. (Remissions are typical in the relapsing remitting form of MS.) I think my MS was diagnosed a couple of years later, but I had many other symptoms as well, including three separate episodes involving my vision and one where my right leg just wouldn't move--just kind of dragged along behind me.

The initial diagnosis I got for my "weirdness" symptoms was nerve root irritation. That might be worth checking out. But if you are experiencing other neurological symptoms as well, I suggest that you see a neurologist just to rule out anything more serious--or to get a correct diagnosis so that you can deal with it.

Living with MS isn't a picnic, but it doesn't have to ruin your life, either. So while I urge you to follow up, try (1) not to jump to any conclusions and (2) not to worry about this too much. Just be sure that you are taking care of yourself and getting all the necessary information, support and help you need.

--Laura R.M.
  9. JanetNC

JanetNC New Member

From what I have come to understand, what you are dealing with is something called tactile hallucinations. I am also bipolar and get them from time to time. Or who knows...they could be from the fibro and I just assumed it was the bipolar.

But...try searching for that term and you may find something to relieve them.

Hope this helps a bit.

Being new to this message board I wanted to say Hi to everyone. Normally Im over chatting in the fibro chat and just reading here.