Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 3gs, Apr 1, 2010.

1. 3gs

3gs New Member

Has anyone else noticed thier tongue is weird looking?

About a month ago I had bleeding when I brushed my teeth and noticed it wasnt my teeth it was my tongue!(I had brushed my tongue)(no didnt brush to hard) So in looking closer my tongue was like mushy looking with deep cervices!

I do have sevre problems with teeth,but am too sick to see dentist. googled but nothing said anything about tongue looking weird just what could be causing bleeding. one thing it could be is walnuts.

2. loto

loto Member

Could it be a side effect of medication?
    Sometimes that happens. Have you started any new meds?

I did have a problem with my tongue once last year where it swelled up a lot, and it turns out I was SEVERELY anemic. I also craved ICE really bad during this time. YEP--classic symptoms of anemia.

Once I started on iron tablets my tongue problems went away. [This Message was Edited on 04/02/2010]
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

No new meds. Im not eating well,wonder if it could be a vit defiency?
  4. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I know you can get these on the side of your tongue, don't know about on the surface.

Also, what kind of toothpaste are you using? Some are harsh. I have problems with sore mouth is I use tarter control toothpaste.

5. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

You could be dehydrated. Try drinking more water or non-caffeinated drinks and see if they helps.
  6. MrHappyGoLucky12

MrHappyGoLucky12 New Member

Could be yeast. Try the Yeast Balance Kit: . Should clear it up.
  7. quanked

quanked Member

have sores, and it hurts like hell when it is flaring! It is not right now. But I have lichen planus and it is resting right now : )

I did a search and if you cannot find a likeness to your tongue here I do not think you will.

For what it is worth--

good luck
  8. quanked

quanked Member