Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsBrandywine, Feb 6, 2012.

1. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

This may be a bit long.. but, wanting to ask if anyone else has experienced this.. I've been having issues with GERD and the IBS.. but recently have been having so much bloating and discomfort in the upper left side of my tummy.
    I go to the Drs tomorrow but.. this is hard to explain.

It feels like someone is like clenching my upper tummy, or a muscle spasm of sorts, about the same time, my neck is like in spasms, but then I have like I can feel my heart beat up in my right ear? Im wondering if that could be maybe ear wax that is in there and makes it but.. something doesn't feel right with all of this going on.. and I am having a hard time explaining.

I was at the ER friday.. My heart was going really fast.. My Mom happened to call me about the time this started up.. She asked how I was feeling. she says after telling her, about how, I get short of breath. so she said I should get in to the Er or to see a Dr. that maybe it is Pneumonia.. So I ended up going to the Er and they hurried and checked me all over, He said my heart is fine & No Pneumonia.. they did the routine blood work. EKG and all of that.. He sent me home.. but I still get it every so often. I have been trying to just breathe with it.. and it eventually lessons and stops.
    Im trying to figure out if it is coming from my neck down.. into my tummy or vice versa. if it is like a vesal vega type of thing or what..
    Has anyone else ever experienced this type of thing.. or am I on the wrong board to ask..
    I do have Fibro, Chronic Fatigue, and Myofacial Syndrome. I take meds for my thyroid.. it really scares me when it happens.. and I don't know what to make of it..

I did go thru and check for diff things and with the burping, belching. and gas and bloating.. and a few other symptoms. Im wondering if it might be Hpylori.. but why does my heart feel fast and up towards my neck and shoulders and around my right ear?

Any suggestions or comments or help would be really appreciated..
    I also have 2 wisdom teeth that I have to get out.. I go to the Dentist the 28th for an evaluation.. I don't know if that could be part of this or what......
    Anyone??? Thank You ever so much ..

I also have been under lots of stress.. My Dad who is almost 82 just had to have the main valve to his heart replaced last Tuesday.. I have been getting lots of anxiety so Im not sure if that is what is going on with the GERD and IBS too or what.. never felt like this before..

[This Message was Edited on 02/06/2012]
  2. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same feelings you have described and I always think it's gas, lots of gas. I seem to have an abundance of it. The feeling goes from my head to my stomach, and, eventually out (if I'm lucky!). lol

I take Gas-x after lunch and dinner and it seems to help. I used to have a lot more pain with it before I started taking gas-x. Now, it's more like a lot of pressure. It's the weirdest
    feelings. I have CFS, FM, and MCS as well as some other issues. Also IBS and GERD.

I'm sorry about your dad. I hope he's doing better now. I know that when I'm under more stress I definitely have more gas. It seems impossible that something as simple as gas could cause so many problems and so much pain, but it does for me. I don't know if this is what you're experiencing or not but I hope you can figure it out and get some relief. Usually mine will feel better if I lie down and relax all my muscles and rub my stomach softly for awhile. Let me know how you're doing. GB66
  3. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Good Morning. gb.
    Well after writing that last night.. and I went to bed.. woke up early this morning and felt the same thing.. So I sat on the edge of my bed and went in the bathroom and it kept getting worse. As to rubbing the tummy.. I have done that before too..

I know the weather isn't helping cuz I can feel muscles tightening up.. but this morning the rapid heart beat felt like it was getting faster and faster.. So scary when that happens.. So I panicked and called 911..I walked out to unlock my door and sat in my chair nearby.. they came in and checked me.. everything was good. heart rate and blood pressure.. the one lady said maybe it is panic attacks.. she asked my age. which I am 58, and I told her about my Dad.. but she said when it starts to try to do deep breathing and try to relax my muscles.. sort of like you described..

I did look up on Hpylori too and that mentions anxiety.. but will have my Dr check that out.. I have to go there at 11..

I have a friend that is kind of experiencing the same thing only his heart isn't doing the rapid thing. but hes coughing up a little bit of blood.. and chest pain..
    I just spoke to him on the phone and he is going to call his Dr but hes worried because he just got laid off and no insurance.. He has had h pylori before.. .. I told him maybe he may just need an antibiotic.. so hopefully he calls..

i will check on him when I get back from my appt.. but.. this stuff, whatever it is.. is really so strange.. but I thank You so much for your replying..
    I am glad that you are able to get some relief from it..
    Do You have it often? this seems to do it a few times a day with me..
    Thanks ..
  4. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

I will have to check into that..
    I did get to my GNP..., she checked me over. She wrote on the sheet the primary reason for my visit was dysphasia.. I haven't looked it up yet.. but she suggested to get the upper scope done.. forget what You call it now.. .. that plus to continue with the prevacid only take it just a few minutes before my meals.. ( If You can call them that) I have lost about 5 or 6 pounds since this started. because Im not sure what to eat and I am eating very little.

She also said to take some Maalox for gas.. and see if that helps.. which I haven't taken yet for I haven't been home long.. but I did get some.. and spoke to the Pharmacist.. its the Advanced Maximum strength.. but I read on the ingredients and that says on the bottem of the list.. saccharin sodium.. I have to call and ask them what that is. if it is like the artificial sweetner. that gives me heat palpitations.. so.. go figure.. I don't need anymore of them..
    So I am going to call the Pharmacist back and ask about it here in just a few minutes.. but thank You for any and all replies.. I just want to feel better.. Surely not liking this feeling when it comes over me.. It kind of goes away.. and whenever it feels like it.. comes back.... its all just strange..
    Thanks again.. I will check out the lemon topic too..
    Hugs, Deb

Oh and too.. to check me for the H pylori.. I had to stop and pick up containers and all the stuff for stool samples.. so she can check me for an infections.. [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2012]
  5. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

So I just looked up this dyspagia stuff.. and that isn't what I am doing?
    She asked about if I have a hard time swallowing.. I said yes if I have taken a big bite of something but I have learned after that to take small bites...
    took the prevacid just before I had a small lunch.. so far so good.. I didn't sit right down after I ate.. I try to be up and moving for a while before I do..
  6. kbak

kbak Member

For the last several months I have been having terrible gas and bloating. Really bad. I was told that I wasn't getting enough fiber. I thought that the high fiber foods would make me gassier, and just the opposite is true. I was also trying to stay away from the calories.

Just a couple days ago I added a bunch of fiber to my diet and wala, my gas problem was so much better right away. I could believe it. You might want to try it and see what happens. I also think that just feeling so bad adds to your stress level. Hopefully if you solve one thing, it'll help the others.

Take care,
  7. chloe_s_mom

chloe_s_mom New Member

an upper GI scope will help to sort things out - they will be able to see the lining of your esophagus, how your stomach is doing, etc.

Not sure if you are like me, but make sure that they give you enough sedation for the scope. DO NOT allow them to perform it without!!

I had terrible dysphasia, that had gotten so much worse recently (had to perform Heimlich movement on myself). I had to have a dilatation, and the biopsies showed that I have eosophilic esophagitis (which is an allergic condition resulting in an inflammated esophagus). The GI suggested taking Nexxum and swallowing (yes, swallowing a puffer spray, kinda odd) Flovent.

I tried the Nexxum and it have me horrible heartburn, so to heck with that!

I have decided to look into an anti inflammatory diet to help.

I do know what you mean about hearing your heart beat. Drives me wild and doesn't happen often, thank goodness.

And interesting that you should talk about a funny feeling in your neckthroat. I get nerve blocking done on my mid back and I've discovered that some of the upper facet joints must be near or send off nerves to the front of the throat. All this to say, could there be a trigger point or muslce knot in your upper back? Maybe from the tension?