Weirdo sleeping patterns...anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RedHeadEMT, Dec 18, 2006.

1. RedHeadEMT

RedHeadEMT New Member

Recently, I was conversing with someone else on a thread and we realized that we both had some strange sleeping habits, but that they were the SAME!

So, I was curious if this pattern extended out to others besides just me and my fellow nightowl friend? OR if you just have not "normal" sleeping patterns and if so, what are they?

This is mine:

I usually go to sleep around 3am-ish. I then wake up around 11am-ish. I am up and about until around 8 or 9pmish, when I take a couple hour nap. I then wake up at 10-11pm or so and then go back to bed at 3am-ish or so.

Sometimes, I sneak in a short nap around 3pm, if I can.

So, please, share your sleeping habits! I'm curious to see if we have similar ones...

K

2. lrgatplay

lrgatplay New Member

My son does this also.
    During the summer before back to school and before he got sick, he was a serious night owl.
    He is more awake now in the late evenings than any other time.
    I've read this is common, having to do with the cortisol being backwards. Dr. tested his a.m. cortisol, and it was low. Then retested and said it was "normal", then admitted it was "low normal".
    Wish they would test in the p.m.. But then again, what would they do about it.
    He is 'sleeping' pretty regular now, from about 11 to 11 or 1 to 1, more or less. Used to be 3-4 a.m. We are trying to get him something now to help with the quality of sleep, like Klonopin or Xanax. Trying melatonin, seems to help. So hard to tell.
    Night owl parent.
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

is yet another symptom of CFS. I have to cycle between Valerian root, chamomile tea, Kava Kava to help me sleep. More than 1 cup of Caffiene will disturb me that following night. My liver has a hard time breaking it down.

Taking herbs for the liver helps me sleep: milk thistle, dandelion root. They take hours to work, but they work.

"Love your liver and live longer" Sandra Cabot M.D.
    www.liverdoctor.com
  4. RedHeadEMT

RedHeadEMT New Member

5. jessica0123

jessica0123 New Member

RedHeadEMT

My sleep cycle is exactly like yours! I hate it because half the day is gone by the time I get going and shower it is 1:eek:o pm? oh well I swear I sleep my best from 6am-11am
    I started taking a RX sleep aid from my DR I haven't seen a miracle but I get a good 4 hours in when I drop off at 1-2-3 am
    Jessica
  6. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

My old sleep habits were fall asleep around 3-4AM and wake up about 9-10AM. I would usually take a nap around 4-5PM.

Now since I take the Lunesta I sleep from 12-1AM until 10-11AM. Sometimes I take a nap, but most days I don't.
  7. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i work evenings so my sleep schedule is off from most of the world's but i feel it works best for me. i go to bed around 3am and wake up around noon. on the days i'm not working i usually sneak in an hour nap around 4 or 5pm. i feel better on this schedule then i used to when i had a job that required me to get up at 6am. when i had to get up that early i constntly felt like i had been hit by a bus.
    rachel
  8. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I hate my sleeping patterns. I rarely ever make it til' 9PM and I am ALWAYS up by 3AM. Lately I have been wakign up earlier. Last night I fell asleep at 8 and was up at 1:30.I cannot ahve this, I have a son.Luckily he is 11 and does go to bed on time and I can trust him but I have to get my sleep schedule changed.It's like I take power naps at night. I do not take naps during the day,which might help if I could.