WELBUTRON?????????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckk, Nov 3, 2005.

1. ckk

ckk New Member

HELLO EVERYONE! I HAVE A QUESTION I WAS WONDERING IF SOMEONE COULD ANSWER....THE DOC PUT ME ON WELBUTRON TO QUIT SMOKING, JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ANYBODY EVER TOOK THIS MED FOR THIS REASON AND IF SO HOW DID IT WORK AND WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS? I HAVE HEARD A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT THINGS BUT THEY ARE MOSTLY FROM DOCS AND PHARMACISTS, I WANT TO HEAR IT FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE TAKEN IT. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH.

CKK
  2. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

ckk,

I've been on Wellbutrin XL for about 2 mos now. The only side effects i've noticed is less of a cigarette craving and lowered food appetite. Both things I consider good side effects. All people react differently, but I've been very happy with the Wellbutrin thus far. My doc warned me that it was different that the Wellbutrin taken many times a day. I only take one a day in the morning when I wake up.

The only negative side effect is that if I forget and take it too late in the day, it's harder to get to sleep that night. So just remember to take it when you first wake up.

-GoAskAlice
  3. ckk

ckk New Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT, I APPRECIATE IT. I AM GLAD WITH YOUR SIDE EFFECTS, LESS APPETITE AND LESS CRAVINGS FOR BUTTS. CAN'T WAIT. DON'T WANT TO SMOKE ANYMORE, I KNOW IT'S NOT GOOD FOR ME.
    THANKS AGAIN.
    CKK
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

It gave me energy, I get very tired if doses are missed, but it causes insomnia if taken too late. It helped most of my depression, and did help me alot at first to quit smoking. Because I stayed on it as my a.d. the smoking benefit wore off though when i relapsed back to cigs. I only smoke 5/day, always outside, so I'm not concerned about the smoking habit now, even my doctors don't think it's a biggie anymore.

Wellbutrin was a perfect fit for me, it worked in 2 days. I tend to be like that though, if it works, it works quick, if I have a bad reaction, I'll have it quickly. Like so many drugs for FM sufferers though, I've been on it over 6 yrs and it doesn't work too well anymore. I've had to add St. John's Wort w/ it, and since my form of depression is SAD, I've ordered a light therapy lamp too.

Jeanne
  5. lilbird

lilbird New Member

to quit smoking. I took it for about 6 months after I quit. It really helped me with the cravings. I dont think I could have done it without it.

Good luck to you,
    Cathy
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My husband's father died last January, and he went through a very bad spell of depression a few months later. Upon my urging and the urging of friends, he went to the doctor and she gave him some WBXR. It has helped him, and he has not complained about side-effects. He is probably going to wean himself off in the spring if all goes well this winter.

He has had depression several times in his life, but they were in response to very bad circumstances; he doesn't have the clinical depression many of us do which is so wonderful for him. But, circumstances can really drag him down...very down. Glad there is some medication now to help.

Sue