WELCOME!!! Carol B. in Tucson

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jillian40, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

Hello there,

My name is Jill and I live in Phoenix, in fact I have, most of my life, born and raised, as they say.

I just read the nutritional post from Herb Lady and saw your
    note at the end. I have FMS, though it hasn't been "officially" diagnosed, I have many many of the symptoms. This past March/April were the worst of my life, but after 5 months of intensive treatment, I am dramatically better.

Thought I might be of help to you in the way of doctors. I go to a D.O. named David Miller (35th Ave/near Peoria Ave)and he has helped primarily with my Myofascial pain issues, doing a special type of muscle work. He also has assisted me with a good combo of meds to help get things under control with sleep and pain. But in addition I have met a couple of women (in Phoenix libraries doing reading on this DD) and they have highly recommended their doctors to me. Though I haven't set an appt yet, here are the names. One lady goes to Amanda Lewis, the Physician Asst of Dr. Oscar Gluck (Rheumatologist) and the other goes to Laura Devlin, CNP for Dr. Gary Silverman (Rheumatologist) They both rave about these women. Don't know if initial visit is required with the men doctors or not. Am guessing the doctors have waiting lists. I am told that Gluck is involved in research for FM here in Phoenix. I believe he has offices both near Bell/35th Ave and somewhere on 19th Ave too (near Glendale perhaps)

Well anyway, I just thought I'd welcome you to Arizona Carol and to the support group here. I am fairly new myself, so am "all ears" to ideas for coping.

Take Good Care, ........... Jillian
  2. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

Hello there,

My name is Jill and I live in Phoenix, in fact I have, most of my life, born and raised, as they say.

I just read the nutritional post from Herb Lady and saw your
    note at the end. I have FMS, though it hasn't been "officially" diagnosed, I have many many of the symptoms. This past March/April were the worst of my life, but after 5 months of intensive treatment, I am dramatically better.

Thought I might be of help to you in the way of doctors. I go to a D.O. named David Miller (35th Ave/near Peoria Ave)and he has helped primarily with my Myofascial pain issues, doing a special type of muscle work. He also has assisted me with a good combo of meds to help get things under control with sleep and pain. But in addition I have met a couple of women (in Phoenix libraries doing reading on this DD) and they have highly recommended their doctors to me. Though I haven't set an appt yet, here are the names. One lady goes to Amanda Lewis, the Physician Asst of Dr. Oscar Gluck (Rheumatologist) and the other goes to Laura Devlin, CNP for Dr. Gary Silverman (Rheumatologist) They both rave about these women. Don't know if initial visit is required with the men doctors or not. Am guessing the doctors have waiting lists. I am told that Gluck is involved in research for FM here in Phoenix. I believe he has offices both near Bell/35th Ave and somewhere on 19th Ave too (near Glendale perhaps)

Well anyway, I just thought I'd welcome you to Arizona Carol and to the support group here. I am fairly new myself, so am "all ears" to ideas for coping.

Take Good Care, ........... Jillian
  3. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

I'd like to give a "Zonie" welcome to you two. I hail from Globe and my Rheumy is in Tempe. She is another good Doctor for Fibromyalgia and sees a lot of FM patients. We have quite a few people from Arizona here. I hope you enjoy your experience on this Board. God bless, Deena
  4. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

the NW side of Phoenix in Peoria! The names that were recommended sound good. I'm dumping my rheumie because of (well, I probably shouldn't say in case the Homeland Security People are reading our exciting and dangerous posts!). Al
  5. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

Looks like Carol B. hasn't seen this yet.

So will bump it up for her. ....... Jillian
  6. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

so you can find this post. (Bumping puts the post at the top of the first page)

I'm from Maryland, but wanted to say welcome & you can see already how supportive & friendly members are here. There's also a lot of info avail. at the library here.

Best wishes. Michele

P.S. LOL to Al, that was a good one!
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am in Louisiana, but stopped to welcome you to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  8. FibroAlien

FibroAlien New Member

Hello all,

I'm Cyndi down here in Tucson. Appreciate everyone's info on good docs around the state.

Take care and stay in the shade!

Cyndi
  9. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Hey, Cindi, when did you sneak in? Welcome to you, too! I think the word is out in AZ about how wonderful it is to have the support of all of these nice people. Good to see you, Deena
  10. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

for Carol B. who still hasn't seen this thread.
    Hope you are well Carol. ......... Jillian
  11. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

FibroAlien...love it!!!! Welcome to the board. When you get a chance, make a post & tell us how you're doing, what you have (fms and/or cfids), etc.

This is a great support group--I've learned so much since I've been here. Take care. Michele