Welcome mtjw

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MicheleF, Aug 27, 2002.

1. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Wanted to welcome you to the board, as I saw your reply to chrimson (sp). I have 2 boys, 19 & 13. Because I didn't want them to worry, at first I made some offhand comments about not feeling really well & lots of reassurance that this wasn't terminal.

This seemed to be a signal to my 13 yr old that I was fine. I had to really have a heart to heart w/ him about how I was really feeling. I had him read the patient guide from here (1st post on each page) and he's been much more supportive. This is a great way (well, you know what I mean) for your boys to learn about helping others. My boys always had a compassionate side to them, but I've really seen them grow with me thru this.

I'm sure the other members from Canada will be along sometime to say hello. Hope this helps and best wishes to you. Michele
  2. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Wanted to welcome you to the board, as I saw your reply to chrimson (sp). I have 2 boys, 19 & 13. Because I didn't want them to worry, at first I made some offhand comments about not feeling really well & lots of reassurance that this wasn't terminal.

This seemed to be a signal to my 13 yr old that I was fine. I had to really have a heart to heart w/ him about how I was really feeling. I had him read the patient guide from here (1st post on each page) and he's been much more supportive. This is a great way (well, you know what I mean) for your boys to learn about helping others. My boys always had a compassionate side to them, but I've really seen them grow with me thru this.

I'm sure the other members from Canada will be along sometime to say hello. Hope this helps and best wishes to you. Michele
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

bumping so you & other members can see. Sometimes when it's really busy, posts get lost in the shuffle...we blame it on fibrofog!! lol
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

MTJW glad to have you join us. Sorry I missed your original post. I see you are a father of two young boys, that is a tough job with this illness.

I raised three children, 2 boys 1 girl with all this pain and other symptoms. No easy task for sure, but somehow we manage to do it.

Like Michele said, just be honest with them, thats what I did. They were a big help to me, even at the age yours are.

Sometimes children understand a lot more than we give them credit for.

Again, welcome to the board, and will be looking forward to knowing you better.

Shalom, Shirl