Welcome to the New Members!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by libra55, Aug 17, 2005.

1. libra55

libra55 New Member

Hi, I would just like to say I have noticed several newbies on the forum, and I want to extend a big welcome to all of you. I have not been able to say hi to each personally. I am having a bad pain week and vertigo besides, and the board is moving very fast. So welcome.

I am female age 49 have FM, diagnosed in 2000. This board has been a godsend to me.

Good wishes,
    Michelle
  2. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I am so sorry to hear of your terrible pain and yet you care so much for others that you post this sweet welcome.

That is so admirable as I can recall being new to a forum (not this one) and not getting a welcome, sometimes for days, sometimes not at all.

So this is so very important and I hope we can keep this post bumped so all new members will see it! Hoping you find some relief and comfort really soon.
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

I usually try to say a few words to the person when I see they posted an introduction but lately I just can't keep up!

thanks for your kind thoughts for me.

Michelle
  4. lilbird

lilbird New Member

WOW, lots of new members. I am glad you found us, hopfully you can find some answers and make some new friends.

When you have a chance it would be nice if you new member could fill in your profile. Its really nice to know alittle about you.

Cathy
  5. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I have been unable to post individual welcomes myself and feel badly about that. So I loved that you started a whole new thread welcoming all new members.

This place has been a real Godsend for me too!
  6. kjguillemette

kjguillemette New Member

Hello! I have hopes that this board will be a godsend to me too!

I am female, age 45 and have FM (diagnosed in 1993), IBS, TMJ, Depression, GERD, Hiatal Hernia, and have had back surgery to remove a disk which has left me with extensive nerve damage, with another disk going. "I'm a mess!"

Like most here I have brain fog and experience a great deal of confusion. I am always having to read things over and over before a little finally sticks with me. I worked up until two years ago, very high stress job, always new technology to learn. But over the years I found it harder and harder to remember things or learn. Plus I'd miss a lot of work days - just couldn't get out of bed or function. This lead to getting bad evaluations, and threats of being fired. I ended up quiting as I just couldn't deal with it all any longer. I wish now I let them fire me - it would have given me a better shot at receiving compensation.

Sorry to vent on my first post - but maybe there are some of you here that have gone through the same things and can be helpful to me or me to you.

Thank you!
    Blessings to your all.
    Kathy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/17/2005]
  7. Bronagh

Bronagh New Member

Thank you all for your warm welcome, i appreciate it

Bronagh:)
  8. hayyjayy

hayyjayy New Member

I should re-introduce myself as well.

Hi, I'm Heather in Canada. I'm 34 years old and have been married 9 years. My husband and I have four kids aged 10, 7, 2 and 1. I now work at home; my disability was cut off in November.

I was finally diagnosed with fibro in 2004.

Despite the fibro, life is GRAND.

Best of wishes to every kind person on this board and thank you Michelle for the sweet words of welcome.

9. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I would like to say "Hi" to you all and welcome you. The board has been going so fast, I just can't keep up with it.

Just haven't felt up to do much posting, but I wanted you all to know that I hope you find the support here you are looking for. People are great here and the moderators are also.

Hugs,
    Faye
    [This Message was Edited on 08/17/2005]
  10. libra55

libra55 New Member

11. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I'm new, too. My story is the same as so many. I think I've had FM my whole life, but only came out for diagnosis when the PAIN started.

Kathy, I can relate to your job situation. I did the same exact thing just over a year ago. Got so fed up with the overload and stress and feeling terrible all the time that I just quit. I really am sorry I didn't figure out the FM sooner, so I could have collected long term disability from those corporate creeps. I don't think holding a grudge is helpful at all, do you? It's sure hard to shake.

Now I'm working from home at an internet retail business. No commuting is heaven. I live near Seattle, which is famous for awful traffic. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep up the energy required for a new business. My husband is very helpful and supportive about the FM and the tired wife, but he has ADD and is bi-polar with the emphasis on depression. He hasn't worked in years. He's clearly as panicked as I am. We have wonderful miracle of a son. He arrived unexpectedly when I was 47. Our only child. He is 4 and this is a hard thing for him to deal with. He hurt his toe last week and stopped walking. He still won't wear shoes. We took him to the doctor and he should be walking and wearing shoes. He just needs Dad to carry him everywhere and Mom to wait on him hand and foot until he's reassured he's still the main focus around here. We're thinking of changing his name from Ian to Tiny Tim. on and on....

Thanks for the welcome!

Francie

12. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

I'm so tired. I can't respond to everyone! But I do welcome all of the new people here. I hope you will find a home here as I did!

Have a pain-free rest-of-the-week!!!!

BxGirl
  13. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Hi. The group welcome is a nice idea. Thank you. :)

My name is Shannon. I'm 23 years old. My CFS started with having mono when I was 13. I made it through high school... and everything stopped.

I'm trying to learn what I can about this illness now, maybe make some sort of plan for my life. Up till now people (doctors) have told me 'just wait it out for a few more months and you'll be better' - turning gradually to 'why aren't you better yet? It's your own fault you're still like this! etc.' So after all these years I'm just now learning that not everyone gets better in 'a few more months'. So I'm trying to think now, what happens next?

I have to get a doctor here in this new city. We moved here a year ago (my dad and me), so I don't know my way around yet. But there is a CFS/FM group here, and I asked them to get back to me about it. See, I'm proactive! (Lesson one: be your own cheering section! Hoorah!)

I love to read and cook. I used to love hiking, and I even liked some things about high school.

Hope my brain will keep working so I can spend some more time here. Thanks for the help. (())