Welcoming Help ...............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Jun 21, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Welcoming Help .......

At one time or another, most of us have been on our knees crying in pain for help. We would have given just about anything anyone asked if they would have given us relief from our pain. It wouldn't have mattered who they were or where they had come from. It was help.

If we have forgotten about this time in our lives, chances are we have forgotten how to let others extend their hand and help us. Most likely we have become one of those who thinks they can now do everything themselves. Welcoming help has become a thing of the past and pride a thing of the present.

We must remember, we do not have to be on our knees in pain to ask for help today. All that is required from us is the willingness to ask and the willingness to accept.

From "Living with Chronic Pain One Day At A Time" by Mark Allen Zabawa

2. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Very well put...

I think this an amazing explanation of GRACE at its best.

I have always believed that GRACE is having the strength to reach out and let someone pull you up...as you reach back to pull someone else from their own knees.

Thank you for sharing.

Jenni
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

This struck a chord with me. I think sometimes I am so determined to do it all myself that I push people away. Many people like to help; it is really part of the human condition and perhaps for us, a form of Grace as has been stated.

Kathy.