Well...I am off to the dentist this afternoon...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lanie, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Lanie

Lanie New Member

Scared to death as this is the 1st time in 3 years I have gone and the 1st time since developing FM.

I followed the advise of one of you and printed out the pages on What Dentists Should Know about FMS/CMPS. I will give it to her when I get there. Did I read someone mention that novacaine and the like was not working for them anymore since this DD?

Cannot wait for this day to be over!
    Lanie
  2. Lanie

Lanie New Member

Scared to death as this is the 1st time in 3 years I have gone and the 1st time since developing FM.

I followed the advise of one of you and printed out the pages on What Dentists Should Know about FMS/CMPS. I will give it to her when I get there. Did I read someone mention that novacaine and the like was not working for them anymore since this DD?

Cannot wait for this day to be over!
    Lanie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

My thoughts Lanie, you should be alright, you have all the information the denitst will need to do his job for you.

Everyone is different, so please calm yourself down, stressing won't help you.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. G

G New Member

all will be okay with you. Do slow and deep beathing and hopefully this will help you relax. Take care.

G
  5. mistyb

mistyb New Member

Hi Lanie,
    Hope everything went well at the dentist. I was one of those few that has a hard time getting numbed up since I have been diagnosed. I did find out that it may be partly because of the Pamelor that I take that supposedly shuts down some receptors. I am slowly coming off of this, and will find out next time I go. I did also come across a post that said that a person just had to get EXTRA Novacaine as compared to another and it worked great. So with that, I hope your visit went well.
    Misty
  6. LBinCA

LBinCA New Member

Lanie....

I am just finishing up the 4th Quandrant of Root Planing with my Dentist.....IT WAS 10+ yrs. since I went to the Dentist!

The 1st Quandrant had an Infected Pocket/Impacted Molar.....as he cleaned it all up...it released God knows what into my bloodstream....I ended up 4 days later with a seizure...in Emergency with a Kidney Infection......

From that point on...my Rhuemie prescribed Anit-Biotics for all my treatments at the Dentist....It has really helped! JUst low grade fevers (but that's normal! lol) I have FMS/CFIDS, etc......

I go on WEdnesday for the final one.....Extra Novacine for me.....it is not bad with the new equipment they have...just check on the Anti-s with her when you go if more than a simple cleaning! Just a pointer....dont worry...Trust me, I am a sickly sort! Bacteria Infections EVERYWHERE! I am sure you'll be just fine!

Best of luck and Prayers go with you.......Love, Lori
  7. Lanie

Lanie New Member

I went and saw the new dentist who is the daughter of the original dentist in there. She just xrayed everything and checked my teeth (1 cavity) and next time she will clean them personally, followed by a filling appt for the cavity and the 2 broken teeth I broke in my sleep. I have taken up grinding my teeth in my sleep. So all the pain I have in my mouth is due to the FM and not cavities. Is that good or bad?!?!?!

Good luck to you Lori, with your final appt.
    Thanks all,
    Lanie
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

That is good news! Don't they have a mouth guard for grinding you teeth? You might want to check into this. That can cause a lot of problems for you, the teeth grinding that is.

Shalom, Shirl
  9. dlizard

dlizard New Member

about all the problems... I have very bad teeth despite taking care of them and frequent this guy's office alot * anyway... I asked for and was given some valium and mepergan fortis to sedate myself prior to procedures. IT WORKS! I usually sleep right through it then its all over... maybe you test the waters for yourself. Good luck!!!
  10. Lanie

Lanie New Member

I do have to get a mouthguard called a TMJ appliance but it costs $595 and will have to wait until next year. I don't want to take any other meds than I already have so I will just take a Tylenol 3 and a Flexeril before I go and that will have to be it. I took a Flexeril yesterday before I went to help with the laying in one position for too long...
    Thanks again,
    Lanie