Well I did it again...acting like I DON'T have FMS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nice2meetu, Jul 9, 2006.

1. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

i did it again. I decided a few weeks ago to try acting normal. I had some beers, worked too hard, got my days and nights mixed up, etc..

Now I am paying the price!

I am stiff and in pain. I am so tired and wired at the same time! I am shaky and off balance. I am nervous for no reason. My mouth developed sores.

So I know that I am NOT normal. I have to accept the fact thatmy body is different than other people. It requires special treatment.

Ihave to put limits on what I can or WANT to do. I need to allow myself to rest, that its ok, because I have a REAL illness.

I need to eat the correct diet and nourish myself properly. I need to maintain balance in all I do. Its worth it... and so am I!
  2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

You're right, you need to care for yourself and maintain balance at all times, in order to achieve a good and consistent quality of life. Finding a good balance between doing too much and doing too little can be difficult. Hoping you feel better soon, God bless, Anne Theresa
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

we have to go through just to remind ourselfs that we are not normal!! I cannot even think about getting out of the eating - sleeping routine anymore!!...............................if i'm at someones house for an afternoon for a meal or something (in order not to be rude) i take alittle of everything they are serving and i eat alot of the right stuff and very little of the (good stuff) ...............................................Like steak! you just have to create your own life management routine!........................................................sisland
  4. catmom50

catmom50 New Member

to remember to pace myself on those "good days". Instead I do everything, then pay the price for a few days after. I have to get it together, like you, and don't do it all on those days!

Hope you are feeling better.
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

I know, sometimes I could just kick myself for trying to pretend I am "normal" - What was I thinking?

Yesterday for instance, felt half decent, did some trimming outside

Boy, am I PAYING for it today!! So much pain as I sit here with a towel that I have dampened and put in the microwave - warm, moist heat!
  6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I've done the same thing so many times I can't even count.
    I've pretended for the last 5 years, and now reality has hit me hard.

I started nursing school in fall of 2004 with general education classes. I started my nursing classes last year, and BOY...the stress is unbelievable! (My head is in a book constantly)

By the end of my second semester, I could barely function, and hardly walk at times. Not good for someone who's planning on taking care of others!

Now, I am truly trying to slow down. I started to take a summer class, but was so stressed out from that I dropped it. I'll take it in the fall.

Let's all be good to ourselves, and treat ourselves well!
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

so don't feel bad. I went on a 29 yr. old cleaning spree and came out of it like an 80 yr. old. I am just now getting to where I can get up and down and am able to start taking my back brace off some. You would have thought I was wonder woman when I was on the cleaning spree, but now I feel more like wonder woman has crashed into a skyrise somewhere. LOL Don't try to disprove yourself, cause it will sure kick your a-- and prove you wrong. Take Care.

KRIKET