Well I finally did it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxielover70, May 26, 2006.

1. doxielover70

doxielover70 New Member

I made an appointment with a rheumatologist. Appointment is not till June 7th and I just hope that this dr is understanding and will listen. But I am glad that I made the appointment. I have been dreading it and putting it off. Hope everyones Friday is going good.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hope he/she can help.
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

well Looks like we are going down the same path .I have to get an appointment with a rheumatologist and a endocologist
    again.Second opinions .I haven't seen a rheumatologist in about 3 years ,only my regular doctors.I saw a endo about 6 months ago .I hope my path doen't start to go into circles again.I'll be thinking of you hope you get help let me know if you do.
    I just love the fact you have doxie's lol .If we lived closer Id see if you would bread a long haired with my minnie.wouldnt that be cute!
  4. doxielover70

doxielover70 New Member

About going to the dr. I just want someone to validate what I am feeling. I will be thinking about your appt too Care. I have so many freaking knots in my arm right now it isn't funny. I just feel very uncomfortable in my own skin, ya know? At least the doxies keep me entertained. haha! I couldn't breed if I wanted to. All my doggies are fixed. As is DH. lol!! It would be cool though to live close to another doxie lover. We could have doxie parties.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/26/2006]
  5. seadachshundlover

seadachshundlover New Member

Your log-in name caught my eye. I love dachshunds--they are my favorite breed. I look forward to living in a place where I can again have a dachshund. I do hope that your doctor is supportive and believes that fm is a real condition. Best of luck to you.
  6. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

Rheumy. The first one I just could not connect with.(He was very strange) The next one was a woman, and she was pretty nice but she moved out of state. Then I found DR. Byrd and Im very happy. I just went to see him yest. They worked me in. My pain just keeps getting worse everyday. We are trying some new meds.

I hope your dr will be all that you need. Let us know how it goes.

Suzette
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...And June 7th isn't really that far away! Make sure you write everything down that you want to tell him/ask him (or her). And also jot down a list of tests (i.e. bloodwork, MRIs, CT scans, ANYTHING) you've had fairly recently, the dates and what the results were.

Good luck with this, I hope it goes well for you!!

Hugs,
    Pam