Well I give up on the board(s)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Leaknits, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

I'm now getting notification of response messages that tell me "X Person" (no, the notification doesn't read "X Person," I'm just using tht in place of some responders' name) "has replied to your post titled _____________________."

The problem is that the titles are never any I have put on the Subject line.

I read that these changes were supposed to make the board(s) better, easier to use, etc.

Likely it's just my stupidity but I don't find the board(s) better or easier to use.

If anyone wonders why they wrote to me and didn't get a response it's because I couldn't puzzle out how to find their reply. I'm very sorry.

For a while the changes were not too hard to deal with, once I sort of understood them. This latest, though, of being told I wrote something with a title/subject that I never did...I just can't handle that.

Exit one broken-backed camel with just one straw too many put on.
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I don't even use the email notification thing. I just check into my posts -which if they're up close to the first page, someone has probably replied, I figure.

Please don't let this keep you away. I understand your frustration, but do you get more out of the boards then the pain of the technical glitch?

I hope you'll reconsider. =)

Let's just all say that we understand each other if we're not able to respond to responses right away - that we're not being rude or inconsiderate, but that we're not able to easily locate like we once were. Hopefully tech support can work this out.

Change stinks, but we people are the same. =)
  3. Holly-Admin

Holly-Admin Administrator

Hi. Thank you for your feedback on the email notification. We are still working on the email, and will be making some enhancements.

The part of the email that says "X Person has replied to your post titled _____________________", that is the title of their reply.

I understand that this could be confusing. Maybe if we add in your original post title, as well as the reply title, this would be more clear.

We're sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

4. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

The title of the post is the user's response to you. It's miss worded and we'll fix it. Also if your email supports HTML in the email you can click on the blue link where it says:has replied to your post titled _____________________. If you click on the title of the post you will be taken to the response. We're going to add the URL into the email in case of users who use email that doesn't support HTML in the emails.