Well, I guess I have to

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgor, Dec 2, 2008.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

start a new topic 'cause I can't find any reply buttons. I guess if I can start a topic I'm logged in, right? This new board gets confusiatinger all the time.

Anyway, here is a link to a silly site:

Goofy gifts. Probably none you'll want to buy. Things that make the dribble glass and the whoopee cushion seem kinda sophisticated.

Maybe you'll find something to entertain your inner (goofy) child. Or maybe your spouse.

2. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

OMG - I just have to get the MrBill doll. I love that little guy.

Thanks Rock, this is a great site.

3. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Need to get my husband that butt station!!!! LOL

Hey Rock! Had any pickled herring lately, i did, for thanksgiving! Uff-da! Good stuff, Ja!!
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

That's a neat site Rock! I love the Dali wristwatch... except they're sold out! And a few other things.

BTW, if anyone likes Dali, his appearance on What's My Line in the 1950s is hilarious, I don't know how they ever figured out who he was LOL:

Thanks for the site!
  5. jole

jole Member

Well, I guess we are definitely "rednecks" 'cause I actually thought some of these were pretty funny! My favs were:

Department of Redundancy Button
    Toilet Bowl Lip Gloss
    Idiot's Tape Measure
    and of course, for the grandkids, the Nose Pencil Sharpener

Thanks for the laugh!
  6. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

The stupid.com site stupidly sidetracked me for a couple of hours! Thank you.....I guess. Feels like too much laughter syndrome.

The scary thing is that I really want a lot of the stuff!

Oh, I think credit card companies set up business in a state like North Dakota that doesn't have usury laws, or they are very loose. I think a Citibank type company can have a lot influence in a small state:)

I suppose sort of like how United Fruit used to run small countries in South America.

Would you believe that, even nowadays, some countries actually give billions of dollars and loans to big international corporations!? lol

Anyhow must get back on track, and take care of a few things, Cheers, Mr Bill

[This Message was Edited on 12/03/2008]
  7. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

What a ridiculously hilarious website you found. I've got my eye on the coffin hand purse, the fashionable chicken hat, and for every female teenager, the Understand Your Mother Breath Spray and "The How to Get Fat Book".

One product is funnier than the next; thanks for sharing!

Het de bra (going on memory there---hope I spelled it right),

8. rockgor

Glad to see so many connoisseurs of things trashy, outrageous and goofy. I checked out some other sites. Apparently there is so much stuff in this category for sale that you would have to win the lottery to buy all of it.

And there are fake lottery tickets for sale too.

Imagine the fun at the office. You give one to a friend; he discovers he's a big winner; on further inspection he discovers you have egregiously tricked him. He then reaches for the nearest blunt instrument...

And lots of T-shirts for sale, many of which strike me as extremely clever. I like the skeleton sitting on the park bench w/ a lavender hat, bag and matching shoes. Caption: Waiting for the perfect man.

And there's a 9,000 piece puzzle of an ancient map; clown shoes; toys that make rude noises; and fake bullet holes.

And for only 99 cents you can buy the old favorite, birthday candles that won't blow out.

See Victoria's thread for what to say when you get one of these gifts.

MSS, I was just reading the hometown paper from LeRoy, MN (pop. 1,000). The fire dept had to respond to a fire in a corn dryer. The column of news from 40 years ago had the same story.

Obviously scientists need to develop safer corn.

Also an article on lutefisk w/ pictures of Lutheran Ladies in their bunads. Did you know the "lut" in lutefisk means "lye"?

My mother used to serve creamed herring for an appetizer at Thanksgiving dinner. Never tried the pickled kind.

Erika, you were very close. It's "Ha det bra" which means "have it good" in Norskie.
    So that's what I say to all of youse guys.

9. victoria

victoria New Member

I forwarded your wonderful 'gift giving' site to Molly, she loved it and asked me to say hi to you and everyone ... she misses you all, is working on getting better!

all the best,
  10. rockgor

Well, I can't take too much credit for the site. Just something I read about somewhere on the net.

Dave Barry used to do a column each year on goofy gifts. Think he has a small book (stocking stuffer size) on same.

Give my regards to Broadway, I mean Molly. Jeepers! In order to get the messages to fit on the page, I have to reduce the font to size one. Only suitable for match books.

Say Hi to Molly. Hope she starts felling better.

11. sisland

sisland New Member

What a Funnnn Site!,,,,got lots of laughs and almost ordered the "Whatever" clock for my Son-in-law who always says "whatever",,,,,,,,,i sent this site to my girls ,,,,,they will love it!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks,,,Sis