Well, I have finally chosen my best friend

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

to take care of me while my husband is at work and I am alone til 4:00am I am adopting her and I have been giving a 2 week trial with her..her name is Xena and she is 7 yrs old and very sweet and gentle and loving..I hope she takes to me..I fell in love with her the minute I saw her. Can't wait to get her. just check out the pic in my profile.

Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 06/22/2006]
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

OMG, ann, we have a beautiful shepherd who is 6 yrs old that looks just like Xena, a silky black coat, not rough like our other shepherd has.

You will love her so much, and they are so so smart. You must give her "work" to do. Make her pick things up for you and brace herself so you can use her to get yourself out of a chair or bed...they learn SO fast!

She will adore you if you wrap your hands under her ears and gently use your thumbs to massage her face and forehead!

Have a blast with her! Sit, stay!
    findmind
  3. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

Xena is gorgeous!!

She ought to be able to take care of you and you will have a great snuggle buddy :))

We just adopted Simon in February (his pic is in my profile too) after losing our Sugar (we had her for over 10 years). Simon is my little white shadow...he takes every step I take and when I feel bad and have to be on the couch all day...he's right there with me. Makes me feel better just petting him.

Enjoy your new best friend!
    Sylvia
  4. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

Ann, what a wonderful addition to your life! I hope you'll give us updates (and photos :) about your time together as you grow to love each other more & more.

Roseblossom

p.s. To Aquabugs - your tiny white shadow, Simon, is adorable :) So glad you have someone to remind you of Sugar, and to be your special
  5. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I'm just so excited, she had a rough life until recently and so I really hope that I can make it better for her.
    Ann
  6. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

She is beautiful!

So happy for you!

PS - Simon is adorable as well!

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Beautiful union!! she's gorgeous!! ps Simon is very handsome as well!! I love the "My new best friend saying" thats what my little dog Dazee has become !! You 2 will be great togeather!!
  8. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

I couldnt make it without my little beagle, ginger. She is my best pal and will lay up against what is hurting the worse.

Suzette
  9. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Such a beautiful baby!

Glad she got a good mommy!
  10. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

My dog is a great comfort to me.Heres To Many years of happiness!
  11. pinsnneed1es

pinsnneed1es New Member

I have to pick a new friend soon.
  12. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. How sweet she is.

I know it will work out for you, Ann. She'll be so happy to have a good home.

Marta