Well I just had my EMG.........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeresaBnGA, Sep 3, 2002.

1. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Hey everyone!
    Ya know this doctor thing is getting really stupid!!! As you all know I had my EMG today. Well, during the procedure the doctor would call out the numbers to the nurse and she would calculate them and tell him the final result back and (get this)if it was not in normal range he would have her change it so it would be within normal limits!!!!! I decided when he left the room to ask her about it and she looked at me funny and said that she couldn't say anything but there was a very significant difference from my left side to my right side.
    So then I get dressed and go into his office and he says that there might be a little bit of a pinch on the ulnar nerve. So I asked him what I could do about the numbness in my hand and he said just let it stay that way it won't hurt anything! Then the idiot was gonna put me back on some meds that he took me off of 2 weeks ago and double the dose even though 2 weeks ago he told me that they would react with the new meds he had given me.
    Then I had a paper for him to fill out for my husband's work stating my medical conditions and all so that if I need to go to the doctor he can take me and not risk losing his job. He said he wouldn't fill it out and ask me why can't I drive, and just 2 weeks ago he had told me it best for me not to drive at all!
    Tells me to go home and lose weight and take my anti-depressants and I will get better. HA!!!!!!!
    Wonder where his degree came from?!! This is really scary!!! How many more people are being treated by absent minded brain dead doctors?!
    I mean somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but I have always heard that if a part of your body goes numb, something needs to be done to fix it! In other words my insurance company is gonna pay him 2000.00 to tell me that I am too fat and depressed! Geeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz

Soft hugs!
    Teresa
  2. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Hey everyone!
    Ya know this doctor thing is getting really stupid!!! As you all know I had my EMG today. Well, during the procedure the doctor would call out the numbers to the nurse and she would calculate them and tell him the final result back and (get this)if it was not in normal range he would have her change it so it would be within normal limits!!!!! I decided when he left the room to ask her about it and she looked at me funny and said that she couldn't say anything but there was a very significant difference from my left side to my right side.
    So then I get dressed and go into his office and he says that there might be a little bit of a pinch on the ulnar nerve. So I asked him what I could do about the numbness in my hand and he said just let it stay that way it won't hurt anything! Then the idiot was gonna put me back on some meds that he took me off of 2 weeks ago and double the dose even though 2 weeks ago he told me that they would react with the new meds he had given me.
    Then I had a paper for him to fill out for my husband's work stating my medical conditions and all so that if I need to go to the doctor he can take me and not risk losing his job. He said he wouldn't fill it out and ask me why can't I drive, and just 2 weeks ago he had told me it best for me not to drive at all!
    Tells me to go home and lose weight and take my anti-depressants and I will get better. HA!!!!!!!
    Wonder where his degree came from?!! This is really scary!!! How many more people are being treated by absent minded brain dead doctors?!
    I mean somebody please correct me if I am wrong, but I have always heard that if a part of your body goes numb, something needs to be done to fix it! In other words my insurance company is gonna pay him 2000.00 to tell me that I am too fat and depressed! Geeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz

Soft hugs!
    Teresa
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Dearest Teresa,

THIS is the reason I avoid ANYONE with an MD after their name! I am so sorry...will your insurance pay for another opinion? I know I have CIGNA and they will only pay for In-network docs and there are few in my area, usually. I wouldn't settle for this. He contradicted himself over and over, didn't he? Maybe HE was taking your meds.! lol
    If something doesn't feel right to you, it usually isn't. Go with your gut feeling and find another doc.
    Be well,
    Kady
  4. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Go to another doctor, get a second opinion. Keep looking for anwers and help. Plese dont get discouraged. I know how you feel though.
  5. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

but not as bad situation, when I had my tilt table test. The doc said to let him know when my symptoms increased and and any significant changes would be picked up by the moniter - well the moniter went crazy 2x during my test, him & the nurse jumped up all worried and said there was a definate change but after the test was over he came back & said he thinks maybe the computer wasn't working properly and his report to my doctor was that there were no changes. My mother (who was with me) and I couldn't believe it. My doc wants me to have another one but it made me feel miserable the first time. Makes you wonder. I worry about 'healthy' people who trust everything doctors say - like they know it all. I have really learned to question doctors and get more than 1 opinion on everything. I also saw a neurologist about my being lightheaded all the time - her diagnosis? I breathe too much - her diagnosis was made after making me breathe as rapidly as I could until I felt like I was going to pass out, then asked do you feel lightheaded now? Even my PCP laughed at that one!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/03/2002]