Well, I thought I should say hi

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nerdieduckie, Sep 13, 2006.

1. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

I didn't know if these posts were done or not until I saw someone else had done so, and I thought I should stop replying to posts for a bit and introduce myself :)

My name's Jennifer (or Jen...basically any variant of said name, haha). I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia for a year now, and it seems to keep getting worse o_O but oh well.

So... hi ^_^
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. This is a good place to get info, share stories, read jokes, etc.
  3. Bren2135

Bren2135 New Member

Welcome! I felt sad to read this post, because you're so young.

I believe my daughter, who is nearly 21, has FM. She refuses to go to the doctor, though, so I worry about her. Maybe you can talk some sense into her head!! (stubborn one, she is!)

Hope you are surrounded by supportive, loving family and friends, (and now you've got us!)

Hugs,
    Brenda
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Welcome to the board.

We have a few other young ones around here that pop in from time to time.

You didn't have to stop replying to posts to introduce yourself though, no strict rules around here and just popping in and joining is a wonderful thing to do.

I hope you learn as much around here as I have, since you're still young, it can make such a difference in your life.

Hugs,

Nancy
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Welcome to the board! How did they figure out that someone as young as yourself has fibro? It seems that most go through a long period of pain and fatique before it finally gets discovered. Well, better that you know now so you can deal with it better. Everyone here is nice and helpful. Most any question you have, someone will have an answer or opinion on. Hope you are having a pain-free day and enjoying some good music. Take good care of yourself! Kim
  6. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Thanks! I had been having "growing pains" for most of my younger years, and they went away for a while, but came back. I was sick all the time and it just seemed like my energy would drop very low. My regular physician ran some blood tests and it showed I had a sort of "Immune disorder" so they recommended me to a rheumatologist fearing arthritis. I was fortunate enough to have a first rheumie who believed in Fibromyalgia...but his treatment was elavil and he didn't believe me when I said it wasn't working and I was having trouble with side effects.

So, my family and I kinda just dealt with it for a while, not knowing what to do. Then my mum found online there was a doctor in our area who specialized in fibromyalgia treatments and *ding ding ding* we found a winner. So yeah, we have been very fortunate in finding a doctor who understands and listens to my problems and has discovered many possible contributing factors.

As for the pain-free day...well...I wish that were so ;) but I have been in a flareup for about four weeks. I'm hoping one of these days it stops, but since it hasn't, I've had plenty of time for research on the compie. And the good music...I'm afraid I never listen to much music in flareups, nothing seems very appealing to my ears. So, the quiet is good for now :)

Also, much thanks to everyone! I'm really excited because it seems there's lots of info to sift through on here and many nice people!
  7. sues1

sues1 New Member

Your username caught my attention. I like your sense of humor.

We are here for you and no question is too silly to ask.....except what causes this fibro.......LOL.

I think you are going to be fun. Keep posting.

Love and Blesings.........Susan
  8. millennia

millennia New Member

Welcome to the board. I was reading your profile and found it interesting. I am in fact scandinavian, didn't know anyone wished they were, lol. Never really thought about it. Good luck here on the board. Be glad you were diagnosed so young, many of us were sick at your age, but no one took us seriously. It took me a good ten years or more to get a diagnosis, I was just labeled as a hypochondriac.
  9. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Welcome to our family, we are so glad you found us but not glad that you have this dreaded disease.

Please ask any questions that you may have and we'll do our best to answer or we can try and find the answer.

Love, Ann
  10. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Welcome to the board. I am fairly new here also and everyone has been great. I see you play some instruments. I am a band director. The cello is a beautiful instrument. You are so young to be having these problems. My heart goes out to you. I hope you enjoy the board. I am sure you will.

Nancy

[ advertisement ]