well i wasted my day away AGAIN! i'll never take for granted the

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by saphire27, Feb 24, 2006.

1. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

I did go to bed after i posted last night, slept for 9 hours, except for the DOZENS of times i woke up & looked at the clock!!

Then at 8am after the kids got on the bus, i went back to bed & slept until 1:30 pm!thats another 5 hours! Even then i really didn't want to get up, but i told myself "this is bull! i can't sleep the whole day!i've got at least do something around here!"

Well i got up. and then sat for 2 hours & watched tv, then finally went down & picked the kids up, i can't believe once again my whole day was wasted away! I'm getting really upset here, i can't get enough sleep, sometimes i even ask myself, AM I LAZY??? people would think i am!!!

I was suppose to go help out grandma yesterday, but i didn't show up. No one but a couple people in my family understand this is what i suffer through, oh well, all i want is too be able to enjoy the sunny days, even though it's cold outside. Actually the sun is why i made myself get out of bed!

I'm feeling pathetic as i did yesterday. How many more days in a row do i have to suffer this until i get a remission peroid again??????????Never take those days for granted again for the rest of my life!

anyone thoughts???
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Anytime you have fatigue, just make sure you've had a complete physical to make sure nothing else is going on.

Many illnesses have fatique as a symptom. One thing that helps my energy is to drink "Emergen C" it is a vitamin C drink you mix yourself.

It also contains electrolytes and minerals and sort of gives you a energy boost.

For me I know low blood sugar makes me tired. I force myself to eat because I need the energy.

3. code34me

code34me New Member

Saphire I am 39 with a 3 year old son and a 13 year old daughter. I am soooo tired all the time too. I have been dx with FM and CFS. It is all I can do to take care of the basic needs of my family. Sometimes I will sleep on the couch during the day while my son watches T.V. Today was his first day of preschool and I came home and slept while he was there. I had a hard time getting up to go get him. My daughter makes cracks at me about sleeping. I do keep my house picked up, laundry, grocery shopping, doctor appointments, and make sure everyone eats. Taking care of everyone just wipes me out! I feel soooooo guilty that I feel sooooooo bad! It is hard to give yourself a break and look at all you do with this illness and not look at what you dont or cant do. Your post does however make me not feel so different from everyone else. When you see that you are not the only one who is stuggleing with these issues it does make a difference! So just know that you did do something today (made me feel better!) Thank you and hang in there Saphire27.
    From one mommy to another, Codey
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

This morning I got up at 9am, had bkfst, went back to bed and slept until 12n. I was exhausted but I forced myself to get up, put on a little makeup, got dressed and was ready to go back to bed, but I didn't.

I decided to take my cell phone and the book I'm reading and go sit by the water (I live a block from Mobile Bay) and read and make phone calls. Just as I was leaving I got a phone call that lasted about 20 minutes and wore me out.

I had no energy left to go anywhere. I spent the rest of the day on the couch. Right now I am so tired, I hurt all over and my throat is sore.

You are not alone and you are not lazy. Don't worry about what people think..it will only stress you out and make things worse.
  5. gottalottalove

gottalottalove New Member

Same Ole Song and Dance here. I am 40 with two teenagers. While they are at school, I sleep until 10-11 then watch TV and cry most days. I get up at 1 and bathe, pick up the kids with a smile on my face and go to work or school. I have come to peace with myself and my children that nothing gets accomplished until the afternoon or evening. If they want a happy wife and mother, then it is after I have gotten enough rest. Go easy on yourself, just remember, you are in it for the long hall. Peace Out Tina
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i did that with cymbalta..of course i would wake up a million times...i am not on that med..and yes they tried concetrta for some energy..that just made me sleep...gain wait...

now i am vavactil...it is helping w/somepain i think...but problem now is i can not get my ambien unless i want to spend 96 a month outof my pocket...

mrad my medicare post...i am having a melt down tonight...

aare you on antidepressant? or maybe you need to be on one....i had a sleep study done and i am waiting for the results may have sleep apnea,,,

i have restless legs...

i urge you to call a psychiatrist, not sayingy our crazy the speicalize w/meds on antidepressant and such...

or try stormy's drink

jodie
  7. whoachief

whoachief New Member

I had a tough day today too! I am just SO exhausted - the fact that my grandma who is 100 years old and lives with us hasn't been able to walk without assistance for the past 2 weeks doesn't help because every time she has to go to the bathroom, night and day, I have to help her. That plus taking care of the kids & meeting my own VERY basic needs (food & water LOL) is exhausting me. I went to bed at 6pm tonight because I was so totally exhausted and slept until 10:00pm. Got up for a while & will go back to bed in a minute. Thank goodness my husband was up to "covering" me for tonight. Take it easy & hopefully better days are ahead for all of us soon!
  8. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

Well i guess we all get wiped out alot huh? My sleep study is march 30th! Too far away, how long do you have to wait for the results ???

Thank you mommys that wrote,tina i don't how i'd go to work. Lately i've had a couple people ask me, where do you work? assuming i do work, i say no i work at home and thats all, then it's as if they don't know what else to say, whatever.

Love u sweeties, saph