Well, it was a good run...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat211, Jun 25, 2010.

1. kat211

kat211 New Member

I have been feeling worse and worse for the past few days but I kept pushing myself and ignoring it. Today we did our usual morning wake up slowly routine had breakfast and wandered outside to work on the yard. I managed to get 2 tiny plants planted and get some watering done before I felt like i was going die. I laid on the couch and watched some videos on the web then I went back to bed.

My poor son was so worried about me he sat in my bed and watched me 'just in case'. He's so cute. He woke me up at 2 and told me to have lunch. I ate and then laid on the couch for 4 hours watching videos on the web.

He said he was getting hungry so I managed to wash the dishes so I could make dinner. The 10 minutes it took me to wash the dishes just wore me out. I'm now back on the sofa waiting for the delivery guy to bring dinner for my kid.

In addition to the immense fibro pain, my joints are swollen and hurt, my fingers and toes look like vienna sausages attached to balloon hands and feet, my sinuses have been so clogged, bloody and dry that I shoved some vaseline up there to keep them moist (can you say yuk?), and my head is throbbing to the beat of the roofers across the street. Oh, and I also have a sore throat from the nasal drainage.

I have tried everything. I have irrigated my nose, taken pain killers, advil, iced various body parts, warm shower, and all sorts of other things.

On the bright side my skin looks wonderful and radiant. Although, I don't think glowing skin can take away from the red nose with goop stuck in it and bloated body my head is attached to or the moans and groans I make while moving around.

If that delivery guy doesn't get here soon I'm just going to throw the kid a pint of ice cream and tell him to have at it b/c I'm going back to bed.

Oy Vey, what is wrong with me?
  2. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

I dont have the sinus problems but I do understand the over doing it part. Over the last few days hubby and I have been working on filling the holes our dogs dug and replanting grass. As my husband has MS it wore both of us out totally. I dont know if my poor back will ever recover lol. Now today I get my almost 2 year old grandson at noon until tomorrow evening. This could be a very interesting weekend.
    I hope you feel better today
  3. kat211

kat211 New Member

I hope all is going well with your grandson.

I was feeling better when I woke up this morning, but it only lasted until I stood up. My sinuses just seem to be getting worse by the minute. I think it is time to break down and go see the dr. I think I have a few pallups in there, whatever it is it hurts to high heaven and nothing is helping to alleviate the pain.

I'm very concerned about the bloating and pain in my joints. I've never experienced being bloated this long and this bad. I took some diuretics and it didn't help at all. I have also been drinking a lot of fluids to try and flush it out. I have a big massage chair which usually helps if I am feeling bloated, but my limbs still look puffy and gross.

I was thinking going to the hot springs pool would help a bit, but the thought of having to shave to get in a swimsuit, let alone be seen in a swimsuit, is just more than my ego can bear right now.
  4. shirley1259

shirley1259 New Member

I would scare everyone out of the pool lol and then the thought of using my energy to shave my legs ughh. No Thanks

I ended up taking my grandson to the ER last night. His uncle picked him up by his hands and hurt his right arm to the point where he wouldnt move it. I sat with him on my lap for over an hour hoping it would get better. But everytime he tried to shift positions he would cry. Mom and Dad were out of town at a wedding and I was worried they wouldn't treat him without them being there. I finally decided to try anyways got him up there took him out of the van and he grunted once but didnt cry. Took him into the ER and was registering him when all of a sudden he put both arms up and around my neck.

Doctor said it is called nursery elbow. Something about a ligament that gets pinched by the elbow and it corrected itself. He was fine from then on. Oh well better to have it checked and know it was not serious than make him suffer all night with a broken arm or something. Im just relieved that he is ok. And now at least I know that they will treat him for me.

hope you feel better soon
  5. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

I'm so sorry you are in such distress!

I'm not a doctor, nurse, or anything professional, but I don't think
    swelling like you describe is just FM or CFS...I think your dr. needs
    to see you soon. Have you been tested for rheumatoid arthritis, and
    do you have any heart problems? Swelling can be a sign of either.

Please see your doctor, ok? I hope you do, so s/he can see what
    you are talking about and hopefully help you a bit more.

Hugs to you...

6. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Many people on this board have found out that the bacteria Borrelia burgdorferi CAUSED their symptoms.

Borrelia burgdorferi can cause all the symptoms that you described....FM pain, joint pain and swelling, sinus problems, etc.

Many people with this chronic infection also have other infections like Babesia, Bartonella and Ehrlichia that create a more complicated picture.

99% of Dr's do not know how to recognize, diagnose or treat it and therefore there are many, many people untreated and suffering forever.

Something caused all of your symptoms and you need to find it in order to recover.

Think of your FM as a symptom of a larger, likely infectious picture.

Take a look at the symptom list on pages 9-11 of this paper. Also look at the symptom info on pages 22-27 for Babesia, Bartonella and Ehrlichia.....

Also read through this booklet. It is easy to understand. It also has a very good symptom list...