Well just got my letter from disability

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I just got my letter from disability and of course they denied me, they said I was not a person with a disability as I don't have a substantial physical or mental impairment that is continuous or recurrent...Really!!!!! where did they get that from??? My Dr wrote a medical letter stating that I cannot work becuase of my Illness. I am sooo frustrated and now I have to look for a lawyer.
    Ann
  2. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

How about filling a little of your bio? It's always easier to talk to someone if you know a bit about them. Just wanted to let you know that I have CFS, and applied for CPP disability in July /05, got refused, appealed in Nov /05, and got letter of acceptance Jan 20/06. Maybe I can help you with that if you want, I did a lot of the work myself, instead of leaving it all in the Dr.'s hands. I live in Southeastern B.C. by the way. Welcome to the board. Lots of smart people here. Marie
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Well. I have C.F.S as well as severe depression, anxiety,
    Fibromyalgia, and currently going thru testing for M.S. this is my letter to disability when I first applied:

Hello, My name is Ann Lalonde.
    I am a 37 year old mother of 4 boys. I have been diagnoised with Chronic
    Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, and Depression and going for testing for M.S.
    I have been feeling very depressed, extremley tired, and anxious, I am also suffering
    every day with pain, from the time I wake up til the time I go to bed, the pain can be so
    severe that it wakes me up night and takes me forever to go back to sleep. I feel sad
    and cry often beacuase of the way I feel. Getting out of bed in the morning is hard for
    me because of the pain I feel that it in my back,legs, hands and fingers, buttons and
    zippers can be a chore for me as well as Forks , spoons, knives. Writting is hard as
    I cannot grip the pen/pencil because it really does hurt to bend my fingers and hands.
    I cannot do the things that I use to do, I can't play with the children anymore as I tire
    out very easily and get out of breath, I often get panic attacks and so being in public
    places makes me very nervous.
    So I am always lying down. My Dr has prescribed me numeruos medication to help
    me, alot of the time they do work for a short time but I fall back into the depression
    again and the side effects are almost bad as being depressed. I am always tired
    and vision is terrible due to blurred vision as well as vertigo and becasue of this my
    Drivers licence has been suspended. My memory is bad, I can't remeber names or
    phone numbers, appointments I mix my childrens names up. I often forget what I am
    doing if I have to answer the phone or use the bathroom. I cannot concentrate on
    anything so it takes forever to get things done.
    My husband and I are seperated because it was so stressfull for him as I was always
    yelling at him, I was pretty much making his life a living hell for him just because of the
    way I was feeling. I have had several jobs where I was fired or had to quit because I
    could not fulfill my duties that I was hired for, I could not stand for a long period of
    time or sit for along period of time, I was late for work or forget what I was doing.
    I hope that my personal letter helps explain what and how I feel everyday, I am
    begging you to please do not turn my application for disability down as I really do
    need help to support my family, I know I cannot work any longer, I am not the kind of
    person that like to rely on other people for assistance but now I do, I need your help.
    Thank You for taking the time to read my letter.
  4. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

my bladder is also going on me, my Neurologist presrcibe me meds to try and dry me up, I'm often falling, my memory is getting worse. Marie please tell me what I should do and how I can win to get disability, I have to write my letter
    for internal review...do I need a lawyer? should I get a lawyer? how did you manage to get on so quickly as I have heard or alot of people getting denied 2nd and 3rd tries.
    I am happy that you did get approved Congrats to you.
    Ann
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

so sorry your going thru all these problems getting aid.
    But it happens to most of us here.
    Is this your 1st denial?

I also had to fight to get mine approved. which I was approved ,.in time.(but then they owed me back pay) :)

I got a legal aid rep. as my lawyer. As it was free of charge being that I was not employed at the time(due to illness) I learned of that thru my local communnity action.
    Whatever you do you need to keep fighting!!
    You can and most likey will win your case.
    Especially if you have a dr. stating your disabled and cannot work. Thats a big plus for you.

Always keep track of dr. appointments/dates for tests etc.
    any and all info pertaining to your illness is a help.
    More and more of us with FM/CF are winning, but just about everyone I know is denied the 1st time around and possibly the 2nd too.
    File that appeal or reconsideration!!
    even if they make you see one of THEIR Drs.
    Its worth it in the long run~
    Best of Luck!
    Tandy
  6. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Thanks for replying to my post. Yes this is my 1st denial
    but you know what?? I was expecting this I just had a feeling that I was going to get denied, I will contact legal Aid and see if I can use them to represent me, thanks for that information, how long did it take for you to finally get disability? take care and Congrats on your victory on winning your case.
    Ann