Well kids.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HeavenlyRN, Mar 17, 2010.

1. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

......think I'll try that sleeping thing that so many people rave about! Tried it last night but it just didn't work! Hmm. Who knew?!! :)

Nighty night all!!
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

What sleeping thing are you trying?

3. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Just meant that I'm going to try to get a good nights sleep! I only slept for 45 minutes last night. It's been a rough couple of days.

OK....now I'm really going to go!!

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Let's see if we can get to the bottom of the problem. Are you wearing PJs? Do they
    have feet?

Studies show people wearing PJs w/ feet sleep best.

Studies also show these people are age 2 to 6.

Happy to be of help.

5. victoria

victoria New Member

Do you happen to have a time machine that comes with those PJs with feet?

When are you having a sale on them?

6. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

.....interesting you should mention the ages 2-6 thing. I just said to my husband the other day that I wish I was 8 years old again!

Something about not having to worry about anything seems so delightful. Oh, I suppose I worried about my homework - such as it was back in the 60's for 8 year olds!

The sleeping thing went a little better last night. I went to be at 11:00 and I think the last time I noticed, it was 2:00. So not too bad.....only took me 3 hours to get to sleep! And that was with a klonipin on board! I hate taking stuff to make me sleep. Makes me feel like a bear coming out of hibernation in the morning!

And we don't even have cable to I can watch stupid TV!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/18/2010]
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

hmmmm. I remember worrying about stuff at 8 yo tho, it was just different 'stuff'. I wasn't a chronic worrier either, but even kids do have worries, saw it in my own kids too at times. I think childhood always looks better to us as adults, maybe? Altho I did always have faithmy parents would take care of me, something of course we don't have now as adults.

Have you ever tried some melatonin? you could add that with the klonopin.... Works great for me. They say as we get older anyway we need more.

My son even needs it at age 22 because of chronic Lyme, none of his docs had a problem with him taking 1 mg. I take more, have increased the dosage slowly to 4.5 mg., but everybody's different. (I tried the klonopin but got a side reaction to it after 6 months so couldn't continue; my son got one week of good nights' sleep, then got a side reaction also (tho a different one from me).

Anyway, I was a LOT like you even while 'normal' - normal time for me to fall asleep all my life was about 45 boring minutes. (My DH always falls asleep within about 2-3 minutes!)

As that "falling-asleep" time lengthened for me, my answer was audiobooks....

I got those tiny earbuds with a portable CD player. Between the melatonin and the audiobook, I am usually asleep within 5 minutes (tho I have to be sure the book isn't TOO interesting, tho it also doesn't HAVE to be as boring as philosophy (tho it works in a pinch lol). Sometimes still I have a sleepless or nearly sleepless night, but at least I'm entertained then and can rest.

L-tryptophan also can work well, I don't think it's contra-indicated with klonopin but you'd have to check....

hope you have dulce suenos/sweet dreams tonight!