Well, my cousin loss her battle with cancer yesterday and will be missed.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ChyC, Oct 3, 2008.

1. ChyC

ChyC New Member

I have mentioned her in previous post. Feeling sad about it and unable to be at her memorial. I come from an huge family of aunts, uncles and cousins and we are all across Canada, United States, England and the Middle East. Some of us are giving her mother money to go towards her plaque that will lay above her and at her father's feet, where her wish was to be buried at her father's feet.

Her father died when she was a little girl, leaving her mother - my Aunt - with four children. All where so young and we all helped her in some way or other. She's an strong woman who also lost her youngest son suddenly one night during an snowstorm and is buried along side his father. She now has her oldest son and her youngest daughter, along with her grandchildren left. This is hard for me and yet I know it's so hard for my Aunt. She has seen so much loss in her immediate family and they are in my prayers always.

Needed to say something and thank you in advance for listening.

2. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your precious cousin. These are some of the most difficult moments of being human. I am sorry to hear that you can not be there with your family. It is obvious how much you love your family and I'm sure they feel that with them.

You and your family are in my prayers. Please remember to be good to yourself during this difficult time.

Warm Hugs,
  3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

We haven't spoken before but I want to offer my condolences.

Your post made me consider the way in which having a chronic illness affects our ability to take part in the rites and rituals that give shape to grief and support us as we go through it.

I hope you are able to be with at least some members of your family - it sounds like a very loving one.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

4. ChyC

ChyC New Member

I don't live near any of my family but I talk to them often. Especially my closest sister and my one aunt who is my age. We grew up closer then others but we all love each other and there for the others at anytime. Some of us can't afford to stay in touch all the time due to finances. I have an phone plan that lets me call anyone day or night anywhere in Canada and the United States. So I do whenever I can. My aunt, myself and our cousin use to go out and party when we lived together at one time. Boy, we had fun and I have fond memories of those days. I talk to my aunt at least 2-3 times a week but more lately for she and my cousin were really just like sisters instead of an aunt and an niece.

And I do take of myself as well at all times. Need to with having fm.

Thanks again,

5. goofgirl

goofgirl New Member

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your cousin; it's SO hard to lose loved ones, especially if you can't be there to honor her. You are doing something good for her memory to talk about her here, though, and let everyone know how much she was loved. My best to you in your time of grieving.
  6. dinkbay

dinkbay New Member

chy, I just read your post. I am so sorry for your loss. These are difficuilt times for you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep in touch with your family, it will help you and them.

Illness is very hard to deal with , our fibro and so forth. but during all the confusion, we need to be able to take care of ourselves, so that we can be of support to our other family members. Again I am so sorry for your loss.

God Bless,
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so very sorry. I pray for comfort for you and your family.

Love, Mikie
  8. ChyC

ChyC New Member

My family all understand why I can not be there. They still love and stand by me.

Her partner of over 12 years had an memorial with his & her families this pass week in the province where she lived for years. Her memorial is today with as many family members that can get there, in the province where she was bor and raised. There will be many friends and family. The place where all who attend and meet was donated. The food has also been donated by the school and her cooking class. Everyone are wonderful.

I will be writing and sending money to my Aunt to express my thoughts and help with the plaque that will lay below her husband's feet and above where her daughter be laid to rest. This is very hard on my Aunt and I want to wait for things to calm down and for her to catch her breathe. I done this when she lost her son and she liked that I waited for everyone to go home so we could talk as well. She knows she's loved so very much.

Thanks again for listening and for those who have loss loved ones, I am so terribly sorry and feel for you all. Sending you my love ands hugs in your time of need too.

((Hugs)) Chy