Well my fellow friends....I have recovered from surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovinlifeinAK, Apr 4, 2006.

1. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

I knew that I had a hormone problem and after over a year and half, many, many doctors.....not to mention the # of tests....my doc sent me to a OB/GYN.......on my first visit he told me that in -May 04 I had an emergency surgery and had my rt falopion tube removed (for those that don't remember)- I should have had the rest removed as my ovaries were not working....

Once a falopion tube gets the size of a sausage of scar tissue it has already affected all other parts. So on March 21st (one week exactly after my vacation) I had my ovaries and lt falopion tube, as well as a bladder tuck.....I had HRT shot in the hospital and let me tell you AMAZING difference....what I suspected this whole time was the culprit so far........it has been so long since I have not had to be on pain meds. Now I no longer have any female oragans.....and gained fifty pounds in the process......hopefully I will now finally be able to lose that........who knows, but I am diffently going to enjoy this time while it lasts. Just thought I would let you know I had not disappeared off the face of the earth.
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

glad you are doing beter....

jodie
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Wishing you a speedy recovery ...

Hugs,
    Janet
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

and sounds like things are looking up! Enjoy, but don't forget about us!

Your surgery is one of those that changes people's lives. It did mine, and my DIL just had it done and is a new person.

Enjoy...it will probably not go away.

(-:

Sue
  5. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

but i do feel 20x's better than before. Today was my first day back at work.....thank you everyone for your kind words.
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

you had to have surgery but I'm glad it has been a success.

Take care and dont push yourself too hard. Do you think the HRT shot has helped with the pain???

love
    Rosie
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

lovinlife:

You pulled through all of that...congratulations! And welcome back.

n.f.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, our hormones do play a huge part in how we feel. Keep healing and I pray for quick recovery.

Love, Mikie
  9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Glad to hear you are doing better! Keep it up! Terri
  10. Jordane

Jordane New Member

So glad your surgery went ok.

Take Care!!
    Jordane
  11. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

amazing how horrible our body can make us feel when the hormones get out of wack........No worries I will not forget anyone here, as I love this site to much to leave. With all the information I have obtained so far.

I still have FM, but it is back to normal now. Now I can focus on getting my back up to par and not hurting by the end of the day.