Well- now I have bursitis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peachums, Oct 26, 2009.

1. peachums

peachums Member

in my hip.
    Along with the rest of you, I battle fibro pain and hand pain all day long and now the Lord sees fit to add bursitis to the mix.

I guess He figures he had to give it to someone and since I did not work or have any little ones at home- it might as well be me!!!

All kidding aside, I am starting some additional pain meds for it but my Dr says I might end up with cortizone shots. Already tried them 2 times in my wrist and all they did was ache for a few days. Then I got the same old fibro pain back.

Oh well -- gotta keep laughing...
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I can sympathize w you, I have had bursitis in both shoulders and both hips...very painful!

I've had quite a few cortisone shots in both shoulders and hips with varying results. It seems to be about 50% effective in my case. I ended up having surgery on both shoulders to open the joint space up (I also had tendonitis).

With hip bursitis, my ortho surgeon told me that there is no surgery to correct it. Icing it for 15 minute sessions is the best thing to do at home.

Also, taking Ibuprofen regularly acts as an anti-inflammatory, it helps some. Cortisone shots in my hips hasn't helped much at all unfortunately.

If I were you, I'd ice it as much as you can. And don't overwork the joint...kinda hard to do anything without a hip joint tho! Good luck.
  3. sportsmom628

sportsmom628 New Member

I have bursitis too on both sides of my hip and it is not fun, besides that I have numerous pain things going on too much to mention, but you can check my bio.

It's just I have back problems too, so sleeping in hard for me, I have to lay on my leftside then my leg and my hip starts to ache so bad, have to switch to right, and then back and then so on. But that's just on bad pain days, thank God not everyday.

Hang in there.
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I struggled with this for months, but recenty found a couple of homeopathic remedies that are working really well for me.

For my hips & shoulders I take the homeopathic Standard Process Ruta Grav 30C; just 3 pellets as needed. It also helps somewhat with my back.

But for my back I take the homeopathic "Back" by BHI.

For my sciatica, where the pain starts in the lower back/hip & radiates down my legs & knees, I take Standard Process Hypericum 30C.

It's also helpful if I have these areas massaged with Arnica Gel before bed.

I just don't tolerate pain meds or other tx methods; too invasive for me.

But I'm a supersensitive "canary".
  5. peachums

peachums Member

I did not know about the ice or the topical creams. I will look into both of them.

Last week I had 3 instances where I had to sit on a hard chair for > 1 hour. I think that hurts my hip also.

This week- I am taking it easy. Hopefully- it will calm down.

thanks again-- P