Well, round 4 is on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by joyfully, Aug 6, 2007.

1. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I have to go back to my thorasic surgeon on Wed. to determine the reason that I'm losing my voice.

Is it from the radiation?
    Is it more cancer?
    Is it temporary, or is it permanent?

I don't know what to think, so I'm trying to not think about it at all---

Worrying won't change the outcome. I've been taking my son's doggie out around midnight for a walk around the block. I use that quiet time to just talk to God while looking at the stars and try to get some perspective on this whole mess.

2. getridof

getridof New Member

I'll pray for you and I wish you everything will be fine.

I like your description about going out with your dog. Very calm.

I draw you a quick sketch. You may click on my profile picture to get it.
  3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Well, I went to the dreaded endocrinologist's office yesterday to get the most current records (so I can take them with me this afternoon to the surgeon's office).

Her snotty office staff were in great form. I did not get my records. I've seen them do this same routine on other patients. So this AM, my son is going with me to BUY these records from them.

I have a question----How am I supposed to TELL them what I need out of my file when they won't let me see my own file?

So I left the medical records a message on their answering machine, "name, DOB, phone number followed by my message.
    "I will be picking up a copy of my most current medical records including office visit notes and the latest body scan. I'd like $25. worth please."

I'm hoping this will be my LAST visit to this endocrinologist's office EVER! I have another endocrinologist lined up for my next appointment. It has taken months of strategizing to do this transition. Timing is everything because of the thyroid cancer follow-up tests.

Please pray that I get out of that endocrinologist's office today with my records (and that I don't strangle any of the doctor's snotty game-playing office staff in the process)! Maybe I'll just run over one of their feet "accidentally " with my mobility scooter. OOPS!!!!
  4. joyfully

joyfully New Member

First, Gitridof, I LOVE that picture of the minature schnauzer. It really lifted my spirits.
    WOW! can you draw!

Well, I took my son with me back to the endo's office. They had some of my "records" in a manilla envelope. They made me pay for them before they gave them to me.

Well, back to the games. They photocopied my permission slips for radiation therapy, the instructions for radiation therapy, the form I filled out to get my medical records, Another form I signed for the dosage of radiation---inother words, any piece of inconsequential stuff they could possible copy that was worthless. This is the mind games that they play!

I did get the written diagnosis for my body scan, but not the photocopy of the actual body scan to take to the surgeon.

Basically, I could use 3 of the 20 pages I was charged for. Remember, I needed the medical lab results, body scan results, and office visit notes to take to the surgeon because she told me that I needed to see my surgeon again. DUH!

Oh, so I saw my wonderful surgeon right after I got the records. I was stressed wondering if the endo's office was ever going to release them to me.

I told my surgeon what is going on with the endo dr.---and that I'm switching. I had a lab blood order from the old endo. that was causing concern, because how was I going to get these results in the future? Simple solution: I asked the surgeon if he would rewrite the lab orders on one of HIS forms so that HE would get the lab results rather than the old endo getting them. He gladly did it for me, and told me that his office would fax the results to me. Isn't that great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The surgeon has also ordered some kind of a barium swallow test because of my symptoms since the thyroid cancer surgery. I don't know what I would have done without him.

Oh, and I was able to get my synthroid RX filled today---so the old endo dr. can't delete the refill status on my prescription! This stuff took the timing of a military strategist to accomplish. NOW I am hopefully free of her. I see the new endo. next month.

So I'm not going to know the reason for the swallowing, the hoarseness, and the food getting stuck in my throat until I get this swallow test run. At least my surgeon is taking positive steps to resolve this issue. I dont' know what I would have done without him...... He is the greatest. He took the time to assure me that he would work with the new endo. dr. for an easy transition. He also assured me that he would be communicating with the new endo. dr. because I'm going to have to be monitored for the rest of my life. It is so good to have someone that is your advocate---and that you trust.

I'm sooooooooooooo glad to be rid of the original endo. doctor. I feel as if a huge weight has been taken off of my shoulders. Stress is the enemy of rheumatoid arthritis.
  5. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

I just felt like being nosy. I clicked on your name to see the picture you drew for joyfully. It is so cute! It helped me feel a little better. You are a really great artist. I've had several friends over the years who are very talented artistically. But unfortunately, I'm not. I can write poetry and stuff, but I can't draw to save my life. I know you were having a really rough time earlier this summer. I hope that things are going a little better for you now. Anyway, great job on the cute doggy! Take care!

Lms526
  6. joyfully

joyfully New Member

The picture looks like the minature schnauzer that I had about 30 years ago. She was light silver gray with white legs, eyebrows, and beard.

The one I purchased for my son now is jet black with a white blaze on her chest below her beard. She overheats in a heart beat with our hot Texas summers. She runs from the shade of one tree to the shade of the next available tree when I try to walk her around the block. I have to keep her on the sidewalk and grass because the street's blacktop is waaaaaaaaay too hot for her feet.

I think you could fry eggs on the street!

I'm in awe of your talent. You really captured the essence of a minature schnauzer. You captured the playfulness AND the mischievousness that is typical for a minature schnauzer.