Well Sandyz.....and all....I WENT for my massage today and.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lindasue, Nov 2, 2002.

1. lindasue

lindasue New Member

I went for the whole 9 yards....Manicure, peticure, and massage.....I felt like I was soooo special. The lady that did the massage was pretty tough on me...but I thought..I can take it....I'll feel better after this.
    WEll, guess what.....it has been about 3 hours since I went and I am starting to hurt like the dickens.... But, my nails and toes look great!!!
    Seriously though, I feel sore all over. I just didn't understand that I need to find someone who knows about Fibro. and trigger points, and the pain that we feel when we are touched and rubbed really hard in certain places. DANG!!! And she wasn't cheap either!! It hurt at the time, I told her "just a little softer"......BUT she doesn't understand English very well at all...and I don't speak Vietnamese at all!!
    NOW, I learned a very good lesson here.....I will call around and find a place that KNOWS about and UNDERSTANDS Fibro. before I let anyone else give me a good rub down!
    I wonder what I am going to feel like tomorrow!?!?
    I'm not giving up......I will find the right person and I will go again... Once I recoup from this one....:eek:)

Love to y'all,
    and hugs too!
    Linda Sue

[This Message was Edited on 11/02/2002]
  2. lindasue

lindasue New Member

I went for the whole 9 yards....Manicure, peticure, and massage.....I felt like I was soooo special. The lady that did the massage was pretty tough on me...but I thought..I can take it....I'll feel better after this.
    WEll, guess what.....it has been about 3 hours since I went and I am starting to hurt like the dickens.... But, my nails and toes look great!!!
    Seriously though, I feel sore all over. I just didn't understand that I need to find someone who knows about Fibro. and trigger points, and the pain that we feel when we are touched and rubbed really hard in certain places. DANG!!! And she wasn't cheap either!! It hurt at the time, I told her "just a little softer"......BUT she doesn't understand English very well at all...and I don't speak Vietnamese at all!!
    NOW, I learned a very good lesson here.....I will call around and find a place that KNOWS about and UNDERSTANDS Fibro. before I let anyone else give me a good rub down!
    I wonder what I am going to feel like tomorrow!?!?
    I'm not giving up......I will find the right person and I will go again... Once I recoup from this one....:eek:)

Love to y'all,
    and hugs too!
    Linda Sue

3. teach6

teach6 New Member

My massage appointment got all messed up this week. First I had to change it because my SSDI attorney wanted to come at the same time. Since we have been trying to get together for two and a half months I thought it would be worth it.

The morning he was supposed to come his secretary called to ask if he could come the next day at the same time. I told her no because I had reshcewduled a standing appointment from that day to the next at the same time. So he came earlier.

The same morning my attorney came I had to go to a family meeting regarding one of my sons. It started at 8:30 which meant getting up at 7 to be there on time. After my attorney left I went to lie down for a while. The next thing I knew it was more than three hours later and I had slept past the time for my massage!

I was not happy. At the same time my therapist called to see what happened and rescheduled me with another massage therapist on Friday because she was already booked. I thought that would be OK, because I had noticed from this person's card that she did myofascial release.

Well, it was the strangest massage I have ever had, and it was not myofascial release. I had to actually ask her to be a little more forceful because I knew that at the rate she was going I would get no results. She completely skipped some things and when it was over I thought to myself, I've learned a lesson here. Don't use her again!

Now I can't wait until Wednesday when I get my own massage therapist back. I am going to tell her how much I missed her! I've had other massage therapists work on me before, but never anything like that one!

Barbara
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

You need to do something for you. I`m sorry to hear your really sore though. That`s not good. They can work on me really hard and I don`t get very sore. But a lot of people with Fm like a lighter touch. Maybe, next time find one that gives a very soft massage or one that specializes in
    Fm. I`m still feeling really good from mine. I still don`t have much pain[which is usual for me]. Don`t give up on it, the touch is so very good for us.

I usually just go to a regular massage therapist. I did see
    one in the phone that does trigger point massage. I need to try that also.

Do you every soak in a bath with epsoms salts in it? That`s really good for pain or aching. I put about a cup in my bath water. It feels so good.

Try at least once or twice a week, to do something for yourself. It`ll make you feel like a new person!

Much love
  5. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

Nothing makes me feel better than a pedicure and a manicure (or refill as the case usually is). I get this every two weeks...while it may cost a bit, its a hell of a lot cheaper than a trip to the psychiatrist and I always walk out of the salon feeling pampered and my attitude gets a positive adustment :)

I'm sorry you got beat up; I have a great masage therapist who does deep tissue, but won't even consider it on me. Its nice when you can find someone who is knowlegable about your conditaion and who you don't have to educate, or suffer the consequences! Keep looking...I know you'll find a good one.

Annette
  6. lindasue

lindasue New Member

It's 11:30pm here in calif. and I'm looking a few things up on the ol' computer....Actually NOT about this DD for a change. The epson salts bath sounds so good right now. I just don't have any......BUT you can be sure I will get some tomorrow and I plan to stock up on it since I have read all the posts that say it is sooooo good!
    I would love to take a soak right this minute....I'll be sure and do it tomorrow.
    And I'm going to do some research on a massage therapist that know and understand Fibro.
    Thanks for all you do to help!!
    Love,
    Linda Sue