Well, This has Been a DOOZIE of a DAY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Dec 5, 2005.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

Well, I went back to work today after being out for 25 days with a fibro and an upper resprirtory infection.

My boss was nice, and then before I left he gave me my midpoint counselling and said the personnel office is "kicking back" my paperwork for the Family Medical Leave Act.

Now, I've talked to him, he's called me and asked me how I'm doing and he never mentioned this until today.

I was put under a leave restriction in October and filed the necessary documents on 24 October. Now, I can't tell when I'm going to get worse. You all know how it is.

So, In my couseling he basically gave his side and didn't explain that I have attempted to provide everything required of me since October.

SO, I'm not going to sign my counseling statement, and I'm going to talk to the Management and Employee Relations tomorrow.

I think he's a two-faced bleepity bleep.

Oh well, the war is on and I've two enemies, Fibromyalgia and My supervisor. I need a new General so I'm going to a new Rheumatolgist in January and I'm going to try to get in sooner if possible.

Here we go. I start feeling a bit better and someone starts stressing me again. Now what?

Thanks for listening.
    Kendra******
    [This Message was Edited on 12/05/2005]
  2. kch64

kch64 New Member

thanks for your response. I just finished reading it on my other post also.

I guess since HR didn't come back and say anything, I though I had done the right thing. I guess I'll find out soon if I was in the wrong or not.

If you HR approved it, then your boss doesn't have any say over it, and he can't use it against you. It's the law.

I gave my paperwork in October and got sick in November and couldn't bounce back.

The law states and soon as practicable if there is no warning. I thought I did that, but I guess it wasn't enough.
    I have missed a tremendous amount of work this year, but I'm trying to make progress with myself.

I hope you get better and are able to make it.

Let me know O.K.?
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

I did too, but now they are saying that they are going to kick it back. I'll get through it, just not going to let them win.

I can't believe the trouble they are giving me.

I'll keep you posted.
  4. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Please keep us all posted, many of us are or have been using FMLA.

My understanding is that the FMLA can be filed anytime, no limitations, just needs sig by a doc with no reason or medical problem indicated. Mine, as I mentioned in your other post, is intermittent. I use it as needed. I don't understand how they can give you "counseling" on this issue without it being a "harrassment" issue!

Could it be in the way the doctor completed the paperwork? My doc wrote:

"There will be times that patient will need to leave work or be absent from work due to exacerbation of health problems."

Below that she wrote:

"Mostly intermittent episodes with varied periods of duration up to and including over 40 hours per week or partial days of work."

Also, "No lifting over 25 lbs."

I have her write a statement every year in November, this year, HR had to remind me that I needed it (oh, oh!).

I'm glad that you are feeling better and hope that you continue to. Take care and keep us posted!

Warm wishes, Jeannette

5. kch64

kch64 New Member

I don't know what the reason is.

I've been up sick all night and I think stress did it.

I've been running a fever of 101 and vomiting with headache.

So, now I have to call in today. Oh boy.

I don't know how they can kick it back. I got to talk to Labor relations, but I'm sick today and don't know if I'll be able to talk to them.

I will let you know the outcome as soon as I speak with
    Labor relations. Thanks again.

K.
  6. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hey,

I'm still home sick with stomach flu, but am able to access my e-mail from work, here at home. I sent and e-mail to my CPAC office asking them why my FMLA is disapproved.

I was told they are not talking about disapproving it, and I will be getting more instructions.

Keep your fingers crossed for me (SMILE)

Hugs,
    Kendra