Well this will cheese ya off!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MoosesMom, Mar 9, 2006.

1. MoosesMom

MoosesMom New Member

I had a horrible Sunday in terms of pain and fatigue, etc. Hubby and I had a long serious talk and decided that from now on I will "work through the pain" as much as humanly possible. I had already talked to my Dr. and she said that at least in her experience, those who kept going on with life as usual, despite the pain, managed the disease better. (I don't even want to start an argument about that, to each his own) So that was "our" plan. As much as I could I would no longer go to bed with Fibro, I would just keep on doing what I do and suffer. (This stems from my fear of going to bed with it and never getting back out of bed.)

HERE'S WHAT WILL REALLY CHEESE A GAL OFF!! The very NEXT DAY!! The very next day!! My husband called in sick because he HAD A COLD!! A head cold!!! No jury in the world would have convicted me if I had just taken a 2x4 upside his head!! Men!!
  2. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

My fiance counts for one also. The slightest little sniffle & oh my gosh, I'm so sick!!

If they had any idea what pain & fatigue we push through everyday.....

I can say that for myself, staying in bed is not an option. I have a full time job & 2 small children to tend to. If I didn't work, even if I could get disability, we couldn't live where we do now. Not that it's anything special - not even big enough, but in a good area & for what we pay, we could be in the getto!

Take care,
    Leanne
  3. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I couldn't help but laugh.

He was making fun of ME for having to go out and buy a humongous pill sorter for my meds and supplements...

And then went on and on about one crack near his thumbnail.

Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em.

4. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Wow that would piss me off loads.

I hope you made the right decision about "working through" the pain. I don't want to start an arguement either my only recommedation would be to revisit this decision on a regular to make sure it is working for you. With this illness we always need to keep on top of how we truly feel.
  5. kch64

kch64 New Member

Dear MoosesMom,

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Thanks for the chuckle.

A 2x4 would have fit him nicely (smile).

Kendra
  6. bluestanglady

bluestanglady New Member

This is why God made women to have babies and not men!! If men had to have babies (even though they sure do love 'making' them), we wouldn't even have a population right now!!! LOL!!!
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

My DH just sucks it up and keeps on doing what he has to do. I wish he would just stop and complain once in a while. If he did I wouldn't feel like a whiner when I tell him I hurt.

I got a big kick out of the 2x4 thing!

My saying has always been "Men, you can't live with 'em, and, well, that's about it!!"

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  8. kch64

kch64 New Member

I want to thank you for making me laugh a lot this evening.

You have a great sense of humor. I'm going to remember the one about men.

Kendra
  9. jake123

jake123 New Member

when I came home from hospital after having a complete hysterectomy. It affects your back because of ligaments that interact with your uterus, holding it in place, etc. And I was about to die with it. The surgery was NOT laproscopic, I was cut belly button to you know where.

After a painful night up and down, I asked my daughter to bring me some apple juice. My husband came in and said I was hoping you would feel like fixing breakfast. :O(
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I really have to thank you for that laugh out loud moment.

Hubby needs to watch it though, I've been known to offer up a good "beetch slap" to those that need it and the line forms behind me!!!!

I'll let you go before me if you want though....

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  11. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i hope you pulled him up on it.

you tell him that living with this is like living with flu. and thats real flu tell him not man flu.

im in the queue for the beetch slap.

push through the pain my backside....the git.
  12. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

Yeah, my dh has always been like that too. Now that we have BOTH been diagnosed with Lyme (I have been sick a lot longer than him), whenever he complains of any little ache, my standard answer is "welcome to my world honey"!
  13. ckzim

ckzim New Member

I gave my husband....FIBRO!

Yep...and it's oh so much worse than mine!
    Oh brother!
    Where is that 2x4????? lol..
    HUGS
    KathyZ
  14. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

1) How to attract men.

2) Men are no darn good.

Similar to the two favorite articles in women's magazines:

1) How to lose weight.

2) Fabulous desserts.
  15. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Our mothers make us like that. When I was a younster and sick in bed my mom used to say don't get out of bed for any reason except to go to the bathroom and if you need anything give a yell.

Well i guess that, that's part of being a mother. So when we get sick we fall back to what has been drilled into our heads by our nothers when we were younger.

I try not to be a complainer/whiner when I'm sick, but sometimes it just pops out. What's a person to do. Help I'm sick and can't get up because mom said so.

Jake
  16. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

no way!! has your husband been dx as fm or as he just decided that a muscle cramp means fibro?
  17. JLH

JLH New Member

Doctors want you to keep on with your daily life because if you quit and do nothing but lie in bed, you muscles start to break down .... that is why it is so very important to keep going as much as you can.

The best exercise for fibro is walking (in addition to warm water exercises). Start out just 5 minutes a day--which is maybe down your driveway to your mailbox and back. Add a minute longer every day that you can.

Once you let your muscles break down, it will be extremely hard, if impossible, to get them back in shape again.

Good luck with your new "plan."

P.S. and I won't even go there with the DH off sick with a cold!!!!! I think all of our hubby's must be like that!!! LOL
  18. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I know this is an older post, but I got a huge laugh from it. Thank you for posting it.

Reminds me of my husband, bless his heart. The other night he had food poisoning. Now, I know that is an awful thing and he was really sick, but the antics he went through!

I came running upstairs once because of a loud bang like something falling. I though he had fainted....no, he had been kneeling by the toilet and just lay down. HE was there moaning loudly, asking me to call the hospital, take him there, he was dying. So, I looked up the number to call someone, and he finally threw up. After that he said he was better, don't bother. I had gotten dressed, medical cards, called a person, etc.

He had a miserable night, kept me awake all night, too. I didn't mind that, but the dramatics along with the illness. Just too much.

He is a sweetie, but he is also a real baby about illness. Funny.

Don't hog all those 2X4's...

Sue
  19. elsa

elsa New Member

Too funny! I'm going to ask my husband about that! LOL "Mom said so" ... HA!

Hope you are doing well .....

Elsa