WELL WENT TO DOC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by neldwn2me, Oct 6, 2005.

1. neldwn2me

neldwn2me New Member

HE THINKS THAT ONCE HE GETS MY DEPRESSION UNDER CONTROLL, THAT THAT WILL STOP MY PAIN. HE WONT'S ME TO START WORK. I ASKED HIM HOW WAS I TO WORK IN PAIN. HE SAID THAT WHEN YOUR MIND IS ON OTHER THINGS YOU FORGET YOUR PAIN. ANY FEED BACK ON THIS? HE'S NICE. IT'S JUST I HATE TO FEEL LIKE HE KNOWS WHATS BEST FOR ME AFTER ONE VISIT. I DONT KNOW IF IN SICK ARE IF ITS ALL IN MY MIND. JUST TIRED. CONFUSSED AND IN PAIN. HE GAVE ME AMATRIPTALEN. AND TREMEDOL. INCREASED MY LEXAPRO. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR CONCERN.
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

You need a new doctor. Preferrably one that isn't still in the dark ages where CFS/FM is concerned.

I hope you find a good one soon. This doctor maybe nice as he can be but he is really just condesending to you and not treating your illness. That's not very nice in my book.

I hope you feel better soon. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Elsa
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I'm so sorry you've run into the same inexperienced (with fm) brick wall that so many of us have. When a doctor doubts the validity of your pain, it really does make you think maybe you're just making a big deal out of nothing.

That just isn't true. Pain is pain. A doctor familiar with fm will understand and be able to help you.

I really recommend the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers. I go to the one in Seattle and intend to follow some of the others here to feeling good again.

Another way to find a good doctor is to call a university with a medical school/hospital. If they have a pain clinic, that's a good place to start.

Anyway, I'm sorry you have to start over with the doctor search, but it will be worth it.

Take care!

Francie