well what number of doctor are you on now???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by homesheba, Oct 28, 2006.

1. homesheba

homesheba New Member

lets see...
    i think since i have gotten sick with this stuff...
    i am on number...
    13? give or take..
    and this one is a pain dr
    and still just keeps switching me from vicoden to lortab!!!
    that all he does.
    so i am constantly hurting
    and next week he is out the door also...
    i am so tired of this junk with doctors
    that just want ins. money
    and then they stop trying with me...grrr!!!
  2. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Teehheeehhee yep what a question!! Am glad I am not the only one to keep getting idiots. I even had a doctor fire me??? Yep got a new doctor - my old one moved, she only saw me once, read my chart and told me that my health problems were not taught at medical school so she couldn't help me. OK!!!!!

Then NO ONE at the medical center (13 docs work there) would take me on!! So have found another one... again...
    have to travel nearly an hour to see her, but she is close to my parents (and she is my mums doctor)
    so I can crash at their place befor or after or both...LOL!

So far she seems ok so far, but time will tell..

Wishing you the best of luck in finding a good doc!
  3. huska

huska New Member

I'VE BEEN IN SO MANY DRS. THAT I'M VERY TIRED OF THEM. ONE WANTEDD TO DO A SURGERY IN MY ARM ! ALL THE X-RAYS AMD MRI SHOWED NOTHING IN THE ARM...
    I DON'T KNOW WHO'S MORE CRAZY IF THE DRS. OR ME.....I MOSTLY GIVE UP ON DRS.
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

is not wanting to listen to what i am saying they think they know it all because of a piece of paper with their degree. when i try to tell them how im feeling they dont listen they think they know my body better than i do. i try to tell them im the one who is living in it.when i speak out they try and put me on something for depression anyway ive had lots of dr.i still always think there will be one for me out there somewhere i see such loving caring dr on tv willing to listen where are they? charlene
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Yep, I've gone thorough a few of them... seven in twelve years. Problem is, all but two are here in my hometown. (Convenience is all ;>) I finally settled in with a good PA figuring that anyone well-trained can handle the regular stuff and no one nearby - or anywhere - has a cure for CFS anyway.

Now I'm working on my diet and my state of mind. I suspect I'll be more successful than the doctors have been, at least for the interim.

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 10/29/2006]
  6. opus88

opus88 New Member

I lost count after 22. When I took info to the last doctor and told him I think I found what is wrong with me, he treated me like dirt. Even said he'd heard of it - so why the bleep didn't he mention it to me?

But you know, since I gave up on doctors and began my own research, I've improved by leaps and bounds. I just posted on the What Has Helped Me topic, if you're interested in that.

Now my "doctors" are everywhere, in every career (medical and non), from many countries. It's soooo much better that way!
  7. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

3 General Practioners
    1 Allergist
    1 Gastroendrochronologist (that is a big word! lol)
    2 Rheumatologists
    1 Neurologist
    1 Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
    1 Psychiatrist
    1 Internal Medicine

I guess that makes 11, give or take a few that I have probably forgotten! LOL

Thank goodness in Ontario we don't have to pay for doctors appointments.

hugs Redwillow

[This Message was Edited on 10/29/2006]
  8. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

I have my internist, Rhumey, Neurologist, Colon doc (forgot what they call them)Medication Psychologist , therapist, Dermatologist, Gyn (related to Pelvic Floor Dysfunction.), Urologist, Oral surgeon(2) for growths on palate, Eye Doc(vision difficulties..balance issues). That totals 12. I counted from my calandar how many times I had seen a doctor just this year and it was 58 times!!!!!!!!! With all the co-pays for me and my family plus medication costs..out of pocket is around $550.00-600.00 a month. Then add gas for all the transportation costs...and there goes just about all my disability. My disability is alot less then what I was being paid working....soooooo....expenses same...start using credit more.....Yaaaaaaaah...I am in so much debt now. Hmmm....sorry to go off topic.....it just seemed natural.
    Hugs...gently